PDA

View Full Version : Seems Spendy---Apollo 11 Monshot Glasses

El Cheapo
10-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Thought these were interesting. Not mine and definitely not close to me but if anyone is REALLY interested, I might be talked into making a face to face purchase if you HAVE TO HAVE them.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/clt/2603525221.html

luke strawwalker
10-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh those are sweet...

I might give around $100 at the most, but that's about it...

Of course that's just personal value... I have no idea what the Pawn Stars would give for this item... I have a feeling it would be around $100 or less...

Later! OL JR :)

luke strawwalker
10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
We found a tumbler (didn't have the fancy conical shot glass "nozzle" underneath like these) with the Apollo mission logos and stuff in my FIL's glass collection while we were cleaning out the MIL's house back in July (she passed away last November)... I grabbed that one up and packed in stuff my wife was bringing back since I'm the only one in the family that would be interested in it anyway...

I also found *this* upstairs (see pic below) while cleaning through some of the FIL's OLD auto parts he kept after he closed his shop down in town... mostly old points/condensors and stuff like that from 50's and 60's cars... my MIL was sorta quizzing me on what to do with it since my wife and I got married 10 years ago and my best answer was "craigslist it" or just load it all up and hit some swap meets... or pawn the whole mess off to someone cheap who sells old car parts at swap meets...

FIL was a WWII vet; engineer on multiengine bombers being transported across the Pacific... took the wheel a time or two... did Korea and reservist in Vietnam, but he left the service after that... I guess he picked this up from a VFW or Masonic buddy somewhere along the line... Since I love history it's nice having a genuine relic... Especially since my mother's uncle gave a set of Nazi coins he picked up in Germany during the war to my sister who could have cared less and has subsequently lost them... :mad:

Later! OL JR :)

PS... Where's Colonel Klink?? "SCHULTZ!!!!!! " :chuckle: