PDA

View Full Version : Finished Rockets

rondo35
08-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Just finished up three more Rockets , I have been working on them on and off for about two years, Im glad they are done !! Now to go fly!!

barone
08-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Niiiccccccceeeeeeee :)

Super Big Bertha to fly on straight D or did you modify it? I beleive I see a Mercury Atlas lurking in the dark...... :rolleyes: Looking forward to seeing your flight pictures :D

Don
NAR 53455

rondo35
08-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey Don, yea its built stock to fly on a D12-5 , Im just waiting untill they cut the field down in back of my house, 1000 acres of farmland , they cut around the middle of every August so I will be launching some new ones. Your right , it is a Atlas off to the side, just lauched one time and was very impressive, very slow realistic take off, alsmost looks like the real thing going up!! Also finishing up a Semroc Mars Lander , I built the original 30 years ago , it brought back alot of good memories. I will be putting some pics up soon of it. Are you building anything right now or have anything started? There are so many new Retro kits coming out cant keep up with them. Talk to ya later. Scott R

barone
08-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Scott,

Man I wish I had a 1000 acre farm in my backyard :D .

Check out the What's in your building Que thread. I just finished and launched alot of stuff last weekend, including an Estes Broadsword (different paint scheme Super Big Bertha) that I had modified for 29mm. Got some nice clone kits in from PD Rocketry (Space Station Aquarius, Excalibur and Starfighter Combo) this week but need to put them in the que for later. Actually, spent most of the week scanning some MRC plans in for Scott (LTV Scout) to post and trying to locate some scale data for the A.S.P. I've got some scale data that came with my MPC A.S.P. but I'm trying to locate more. I really need that Rockets of the World book ;)

I've flown my Mercury Atlas twice. The first time on a D12-3 didn't go to well. Cleared the pad and fell sideways onto the ground (it was laying on the ground when the ejection charge went off). No damage (except to the escape tower of course :( ). The D12 just didn't have enough ooomph. The second time I used and Aerotech E15. Now that was nice. I think I may just have to have a launch day for just space launch vehicles. I love flying my Saturn V on F20s. :)

Anyway, good luck with your launches and post some pics.

Don
NAR 53455

Green Dragon
08-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Looking good .

Love the Big Red Max... had one in high school, and one that I'll eventually clone.

Also , looking at the Maxi Alpha 3 makes me want to repair mine ( see my 'Collossus' thread ), looks nice as well .

keep the pics and launch reports,etc coming, it's great inspiration ( and we all inspire each other in our own way, keeps the cycle going, lol :))

~ AL

ps: Don - yes, you MUST have Peter's book. ( won mine at a Battle Park launch, thank you Peter :) .

I'm pretty sure that an issue of Model Rocketry had that ASP data you're looking for, I know I've seen it - if I get a chance will look around through my isues ( a lot easier to check the cover blurbs of the physical issues than load every issue from Ninfingeer :cool: )

Might even inspire me to build more, lol - ASP is one I've never built myself .

rondo35
08-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Just finished a Semroc Mars Lander , it was more fun the second time around!! I built the Estes Original back in 1976 when I was about 13 years old. I think I did a better job this time ? lol!! Let me know what you guys think? Thanks . Scott R.

barone
08-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh yyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh :)

Awesome looking Mars Lander. Need those launch pics. Check out some of the other threads concerning the Mars Lander. There was some talk about some stability issues.

Don
NAR 53455

rondo35
08-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Ok will do, Thanks for info.

Scott R

rondo35
08-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Just finished with the flat clear on my V-2 . Another one ready for the Launch Pad!!

barone
08-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Just finished with the flat clear on my V-2 . Another one ready for the Launch Pad!!

Wow! Mines still in the box. Yours fly on Es? Try to get a launch pic. Looks like it'll be awesome leaving the pad :D .

Don
NAR 53455