PDA

View Full Version : Almost perfect recovery

my65pan
08-12-2006, 11:06 AM
We had heavy rain late last night so everything is pretty muddy. We launched my sons Skywinder and I went to catch it before it hit the ground. I caught it just as my feet went out from under me and I slid down a hill on one knee in the mud without falling down. It would have been a perfect recovery except when I finally looked at the rocket one of the rotor blades was missing. I looked all over for it, but it was gone. Does anyone know if the rotors or sets of them are still available?

Mark.

barone
08-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Mark,

I'm not sure if you can get replacement blades. If you can't find any, get back with me. My Skywinder is beyond repair (is there such an attitude in model rocketry?). But I've got the blades laying around somewhere that I'm sure I can scrounge up. Just PM me with an address. Shippings on me.

Don
NAR 53455

my65pan
08-13-2006, 10:44 AM
My son and I went and launched a few rockets today, and I found the rotor blade from yesterdays launch while I was walking to pick up another rocket. It has seen better days though so I'll still see if they're available.
If not I appreciate the offer and I'll keep you posted.

Mark.

my65pan
08-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey Don,
Thanks for the offer on the blades, but Estes is sending me 2 free blades just for asking if they were available. How's that for service?

Mark.

barone
08-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey Don,
Thanks for the offer on the blades, but Estes is sending me 2 free blades just for asking if they were available. How's that for service?

Mark.

Gee, maybe they would send me replacement escape towers for my Mercury Atlas and Saturn V?

Don
NAR 53455

Ltvscout
08-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Gee, maybe they would send me replacement escape towers for my Mercury Atlas and Saturn V?
I would almost bet they have those parts available still. Ask Christine!