PDA

View Full Version : Estes Mean Machine Re-Release Pic

Ltvscout
08-16-2006, 08:28 AM
I got a pic of the Mean Machine for you. Here's the description again along with the pic:

Mean Machine #1295
Now you can fly it on Estes E engines! Now it comes with laser cut fins, an adapter to fly on either D’s or E’s, and a new connector that allows you to quickly break down the rocket for easy transportation to and from the flying field. The Mean MachineTM includes great looking & easy to apply water transfer decals and a pre-assembled 24 in. parachute. New yellow decals too.
Skill Level 2
Length: 79.0 in.
Diameter: 1.64 in.
Weight: 5.8 oz.
Recovery System: 24 in. Parachute
Max. Altitude: 941 ft.
Recommended Engine: D12-3, D12-5, E9-4, E9-6

Tweener
08-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Pretty cool! :cool: Looks like PacMan was seduced by the "dark side". :rolleyes: Any idea if this can still be used as a base for a Thunder Roc clone? I saw your other post said something about a new detachable coupler for transport. I assume there'd still be two regular couplers in the kit, but are the BT-60's changed in any way or are they still just regular 18" tubes?

Ltvscout
08-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Pretty cool! :cool: Looks like PacMan was seduced by the "dark side". :rolleyes: Any idea if this can still be used as a base for a Thunder Roc clone? I saw your other post said something about a new detachable coupler for transport. I assume there'd still be two regular couplers in the kit, but are the BT-60's changed in any way or are they still just regular 18" tubes?
I didn't post anything about a coupler. That would've been Roguepink stating that over on TRF. The only info I have so far is what I've posted, sorry.

Tweener
08-16-2006, 10:45 AM
I didn't post anything about a coupler. That would've been Roguepink stating that over on TRF. The only info I have so far is what I've posted, sorry.Huh??? :confused:

In this thread right here:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=1049

You posted:

"Mean Machine #1295
Now you can fly it on Estes E engines! Now it comes with laser cut fins, an adapter to fly on either D’s or E’s, and a new connector that allows you to quickly break down the rocket for easy transportation to and from the flying field. The Mean MachineTM includes great looking & easy to apply water transfer decals and a pre-assembled 24 in. parachute. New yellow decals too."

Are you trying to make me think I have early onset Alzheimer's, Scott!? :D

Okay, you posted connector - so maybe I should technically give you that one. ;)

CPMcGraw
08-16-2006, 03:35 PM
...The Mean MachineTM includes great looking & easy to apply water transfer decals...

This is the part that catches my attention. Not "peel-n-cuss" stickers, but "water-transfer" decals.

Could there actually be someone listening at the Big-E?

ghrocketman
08-16-2006, 03:47 PM
It sounds like this should be a good one !
They actually made mods that were sensible to hobbyists.
I wonder if the shock cord is a reasonable (3x typical Estes) length ?
Now if they would just re-issue the K29 Saturn 1B that they teased us about a couple of years back....

Ltvscout
08-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Huh??? :confused:

In this thread right here:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=1049

Heh, you caught me! I just did a cut and paste of the rocket descriptions that I got from my insider. I didn't really read what was in there since I personally don't care about the MM being re-released. I did read what Roguepink wrote on TRF about a coupler on the MM so thought that's what you guys were talking about.

Rocket Doctor
08-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I suggested the coupler using the same concept as mt Deluxe Super Shot Screw Machine and it's cousin, the Converter.

The six foot six lenght was way too long to transport, so, I suggested the connector, which is a little different than the Converter coupling.

I was very surprised that it was approved so quickly, miracles still happen.