PDA

View Full Version : What IS your build queue?

jharding58
03-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Not wishing to pirate a very healthy thread I thought I would pose the question as to what is it that consitutes your queue? Is it the ones you want to build? The ones you could build? Those that you simply have but would imagine that you might get around to sometime. Excluding those kits which you own simply from a collector's perspective, how large could the notion of a queue become? I must have close to 1100 or 1200 kits in boxes or hanging on pegboard - I think it is physically impossible for me to build them all, but are they in a queue simply by their existence in my shop or storage?

Scott6060842
03-30-2012, 04:53 PM
None of the above.
To me it is the couple that you are currently working on and the next few you plan to build.

Mine are

Just finished:
#1926 Estes V-2
MPC Flare Patriot
K-40 Midget Clone
Astron Elliptic II

Working on:
Semroc Mini Omega
Squirrel Works War over the Pacific Planes

Up Next:
Centuri Mini Dactyl
Estes mini HJ

Scott6060842
03-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Oh and if I buy it I plan to build it ... Someday :)

mycrofte
03-30-2012, 05:29 PM
I would have to go with what I am currently working on and the next one. Anything past that is subject to change.

dlazarus6660
03-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Not wishing to pirate a very healthy thread I thought I would pose the question as to what is it that consitutes your queue? Is it the ones you want to build? The ones you could build? Those that you simply have but would imagine that you might get around to sometime. Excluding those kits which you own simply from a collector's perspective, how large could the notion of a queue become? I must have close to 1100 or 1200 kits in boxes or hanging on pegboard - I think it is physically impossible for me to build them all, but are they in a queue simply by their existence in my shop or storage?

So with that many kits are you willing to spread some around so we can build those kits that may be exstinct?

chrism
03-30-2012, 07:52 PM
My build queue is usually what I am currently building and those on my wish list.

jharding58
03-30-2012, 07:57 PM
So with that many kits are you willing to spread some around so we can build those kits that may be exstinct?

Yep, I do that a lot.

3boydad
03-30-2012, 09:52 PM
i buy any and all rockets to just have one. and build them as i go. very addicting

stefanj
03-30-2012, 11:23 PM
I have many models I have no interest in building. I will eventually sell them, to buy parts with.

Tau Zero
03-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately, I don't fit into the designated categories, either. :eek:

But like a few others here, I would have to limit my build queue to the rockets I'm *actually working on*... *Not* the ones I'm *thinking* about building next. :o

As I've stated elsewhere, "Your velocity may vary." ;) :D :cool:

jharding58
04-02-2012, 12:21 AM
There's the thing. If you are working on a model is it still technically in a build queue? Is this a queue of those to be built but not yet started, those we are building but not yet finished, or some heterogenous mix of built and unbuilt but both by definition unfinished?

There's a philosophical vein for your; is something which has not been started ever unfinished?

NITRAM
04-02-2012, 09:56 AM
There shall be no rocket unworthy of a build. Some just more of a posterior pain than others.

foamy
04-02-2012, 12:59 PM
My "queue" is what I think I might build next. I tend to build two or three at a time. I may have something in mind to build when I'm done with the batch I'm working on, but that could change at any time.

What's in the wings: — indicates currently in queue (what I thinking of building next), but subject to change.

Semroc
Aerobee 150
Aerobee 300
Arcon Hi —
Constellation
IQSY Tomahawk
Iris
Laser-X
Orion
Sam-3
SLS Aero-Dart (under construction)
Starfire
Texas Firefly—
ThunderStrike (under construction)
WAC Corporal (under construction)
Black Widow
Bandit
Tau Zero
VF-261

Estes
Alpha (2)
Drifter
Silver Comet—
Condor ARV
QCC Explorer
Comanche 3
Black Brandt

snaquin
04-07-2012, 07:04 PM
My queue is kits that I own and would want to build.

Although I do not have a formal limitation as to how long a kit stays in the queue, I will remove from the queue (sell, auction, give away, or break down into parts) any kit that as soon as I have lost interest and I know that I no longer want to build it and fly it. At that point it is just taking up space for something I could purchase that I would be more interested in building. My storage space is limited.

The long and short of it is that I do not collect kits so anything that I purchase is with the intent to build ..... and fly. Gotta fly everything that I build.

Even if I could get my hands on an original EnerJet 1340, 2250, 2650 or an early Centuri large scale rocket at a decent price I would still build it and without a doubt fly it. Same goes for motors. (Otis/Mike don't let me near that collection bro).

The SSRS/Crown motors would be the first to fly!

:)

chrism
04-07-2012, 08:22 PM
With all the neat rockets coming from Estes, Semroc and the new line-up from 3D rocketry, my wish list keeps getting longer!

Feyd
04-07-2012, 09:03 PM
I have a bunch of queues...

1. Built but not finished (either nekkid, primed, or sanded but not painted)
2. Currently building
3. The next project(s) I want to build
4. The purchased ones that haven't surfaced
5. The designs I've found online I want to build or clone

Right now I have:

1. About 15
2. Two
3. Four
4. About 50
5. About 20

:D

mycrofte
04-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Does designing the EA Destroyer from the original BSG, in cardstock, count as a build queue?

Blushingmule
04-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi all,

I'm starting the SLS Aero-Dart today. The others are queued depending upon when
the order from Carl & Co. shows up (Bandit & Shrike).

sandman
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Even with the HUGE pile of kits I got from Commonwealth I purchased a kit for my daughter who just acquired a major addiction to "Dr. Who" on Netflix.

BEC
04-12-2012, 12:39 PM
What I think of as my "build queue" matches foamy's definition.

And I have in it (though down past flying season probably) a Squirrel Works TARDIS (aka "Metropolitan Police Box").

Nearer term is a FlisKits Rose-a-Roc to fly in BMR's helicopter duration event in May and an original (which is just started in Open Rocket) for 1/2A altimeter altitude at the same meet. And I'd like to get to my Bandit and my Vagabond in the relatively near term as well. Also in that "as soon as I can get to it" list are my SLS Aero Dart (or Lil' Hustler) and QCC Explorer and - just to see what their kits are like - SureFire Black Widow and Red River Centennial.