PDA

View Full Version : HPR rummage sale.

X-wooshprez
04-12-2012, 02:05 PM
To be held on May 5th, 2012

There are 3 members who have a bunch of HPR and other rocketry iems that they want to sell off.
We will have the rummage sale at a home in Franklin right after the sod farm launch on May 5th.
Food will be served in a picnic type setting.
Bring something to put on the grill or a dish to share.
In conjunction with this event we will also hold the RSO/LCO training session that has been discussed.

I had hoped for a short list of items to be offered up but have not received any such correspondence. Suffice it to say that you should be saving some money in the next few weeks.

I will not divulge the address of the host of this event in this public forum. Please PM me for it.

One seller has these items for sale:
38mm 600 motor
Nomex
Misc tools (snap ring pliers, etc.)
Parachutes
Several altimeters

X-wooshprez
04-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Just got a list of some items for sale from one seller.
Added to first post.

chadrog
04-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Just realized 05/05 is opening day of little league baseball- won't be getting to the sod farm or the sale. Boo. :(

X-wooshprez
04-25-2012, 01:40 PM
You are going to kick yourself when you see what you miss out on.

Rex R
04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
probably not as much as the other half and the kids if he misses opening day :).
rex

GammaMan
05-01-2012, 11:02 AM
That sounds pretty cool. Can you buy stuff without Level 1 cert?

chadrog
05-01-2012, 11:19 AM
That sounds pretty cool. Can you buy stuff without Level 1 cert?
Of course - be kinda hard to certify if you're unable to buy the things needed to do so.

X-wooshprez
05-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Not to mention the educational session right after
everyone empties their wallets.
It'll be a good meeting/rummage/plus talk about the Bong situation.

chadrog
05-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Maybe you could throw together a "For Dummies" book? I'd appreciate that.

spyderman1zzfe
05-02-2012, 05:27 PM

What's the "Bong situation"? :confused:

chadrog
05-02-2012, 05:36 PM
What's the "Bong situation"? :confused:
To make a reeeeaaaalllly long story short - other groups that use the park want us (rockery groups) to not use the park.

spyderman1zzfe
05-02-2012, 06:16 PM
To make a reeeeaaaalllly long story short - other groups that use the park want us (rockery groups) to not use the park.

That's what I was afraid of. :(

GammaMan
05-07-2012, 09:47 AM
That's disturbing. I would imagine that with the lack of investments into the NASA programs and everything else going on that the State would appreciate kids learning about aerospace and the math involved. Although blasting stuff off is cool, there is a proliferation of science here for kids. Additionally schools don't really apply science practicaly any more, just simulations. We are the last cookie in the cookie jar to demonstrate practical applicability of physics mechanics for the children.

Let me know what I can do to help on this. I have a lawyer and lobbyist that I can call to aid us.

-Art

chadrog
05-07-2012, 04:16 PM
The more backing we can get, the better! Are you able to attend the club meetings? That's where these issues are usually hammered out.

GammaMan
05-07-2012, 04:46 PM
If I understand correctly the meeting place is by the Sod Farm launch. That's a big haul for me . I can help out any way I can remotely or perhaps chat at Bong.

chadrog
05-07-2012, 04:57 PM
The club meetings are held at Greenfield News and Hobby, on 60th and Layton in greenfield (Milwaukee). Where are you located?

GammaMan
05-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Riverwoods, IL.

chadrog
05-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Oooooooo.... That's a hike for sure.

X-wooshprez
05-07-2012, 06:01 PM
There's no need to fear,
The NAR is here!

chadrog
05-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Huh?

X-wooshprez
05-07-2012, 06:22 PM
"Underdog theme music playing."

Moderator can lock this thread anytime. It's way off track now.
Lets start a new one titled for this discussion.

chadrog
05-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Just let it die.

Russ
05-09-2012, 06:33 PM
With an attempt, at bringing this thread back to topic. Thanks Scott for helping set up the sale. I walked away with a bunch of goodies much to my wife's dismay. I just haven't figured out how to store them with me in the "dog house". The rockets hang out further than my feet.

Also worth noting, the RCO,LCO training was very informative. I think it is something we may want to touch on at a club meeting.

chadrog
05-09-2012, 07:37 PM
With an attempt, at bringing this thread back to topic. Thanks Scott for helping set up the sale. I walked away with a bunch of goodies much to my wife's dismay. I just haven't figured out how to store them with me in the "dog house". The rockets hang out further than my feet.

Also worth noting, the RCO,LCO training was very informative. I think it is something we may want to touch on at a club meeting.
There are two solutions - bigger doghouse / smaller dog.

X-wooshprez
05-12-2012, 09:33 AM
I could certainly do it again but perhaps we should have one at a launch.
That way folks who can't make it to the meeting could attend.
You guys can buy me lunch next time too! ;)