PDA

View Full Version : ECOF 2012 planning

MadHatter
06-03-2012, 04:53 PM
We need to get the ball rolling For ECOF 2012, this year ECOF will be held on July 28th and 29th.

At this point we have two groups wanting to provide food one Boy Scout troop and the other is a Girl Scout troop.

We need Raffle items any sources?

Kelly Challenge details?

What else?

Schedule....

We need to solidify the plans on our June 27th club meeting.

chadrog
06-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Have both groups provide food, should help keep the prices down - sorta like NSL at Bong...

chadrog
06-03-2012, 05:17 PM
And there's this: http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=9825

Sather
06-03-2012, 06:32 PM
We need to get the ball rolling For ECOF 2012, this year ECOF will be held on July 28th and 29th.

Kelly Challenge details?

I bumped the Kelly's Challenge rules thread to update its active status. Certificates to all registered entries, trophies to top three, $50 Wildman Gift Certificate to winner.

Rex R
06-03-2012, 07:04 PM
what ever happened to the cheese loft event?
rex

Sather
06-03-2012, 08:16 PM
what ever happened to the cheese loft event?
rex

Last year's winner (John M) is hosting it.

chadrog
06-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Is Friday afternoon range setup a possibility? I'm assuming we'll be going with a more extensive range for the weekend.

chadrog
06-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Are we moving on this? What's the plan? Time is growing short.

McKailas Dad
06-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Just to let you all know, my wife, Jodi Schubert, is the leader of the Girl Scout troop that will be supplying the food. :)

Yes, time is growing short. If possible, Jodi could use some advice on how much food to order.

Any estimate of how many people have attended prior ECOF events?

Are the Boy Scouts still coming?

~Jeff Schubert

chadrog
06-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Just to let you all know, my wife, Jodi Schubert, is the leader of the Girl Scout troop that will be supplying the food. :)

Yes, time is growing short. If possible, Jodi could use some advice on how much food to order.

Any estimate of how many people have attended prior ECOF events?

Are the Boy Scouts still coming?

~Jeff Schubert
Hey Jeff, glad you finally signed up here! Down side is, not too many are utilizing this fine resource that Mr. Hanson has provided us - you might get answers faster by emailing Mark directly.

McKailas Dad
06-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Mark, whats the plan?

There are things in the works that may need more than 4 weeks lead time...?

I've posted something on TRF (http://www.rocketryforum.com/forumdisplay.php?22-Regional-or-Local-Events) to advertise the launch.

Would anybody be interested in breakfast (http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?37674-Breakfast-at-a-Launch) being served?

sam_midkiff
06-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Have both groups provide food, should help keep the prices down - sorta like NSL at Bong...

Although if it keeps them down too low, you may have zero groups the next time. If the vendors are pricing things reasonably (i.e. more than McDonalds but less than Disney) the hourly take per scout/hour is surprisingly low. The fun of the launch makes up for some of this. If you have a big enough crowd, however, everyone does well, prices stay reasonable, and there is more bandwidth to feed people.

Sam

chadrog
06-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Although if it keeps them down too low, you may have zero groups the next time. If the vendors are pricing things reasonably (i.e. more than McDonalds but less than Disney) the hourly take per scout/hour is surprisingly low. The fun of the launch makes up for some of this. If you have a big enough crowd, however, everyone does well, prices stay reasonable, and there is more bandwidth to feed people.

Sam
I was just poking fun at the situation we all enjoyed a few years ago as host of NSL, wasn't really serious. Scout groups that answer the call to support us are always well supported in return.

MadHatter
07-10-2012, 10:46 AM
We can use this to hand out to Hobby Stores etc..

McKailas Dad
07-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Perfect, thanks Mark!

Maybe I could drop some off at both Hobby Town in Delafield and Ben Franklin in Oconomowoc.

Mind if we tweak it alittle, maybe to include something about Girl Scouts , Wildman, and food?

~Jeff

MadHatter
07-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Perfect, thanks Mark!

Maybe I could drop some off at both Hobby Town in Delafield and Ben Franklin in Oconomowoc.

Mind if we tweak it alittle, maybe to include something about Girl Scouts , Wildman, and food?

~Jeff

Sure tweak away, I suggest adding an additional page.

Mark

MadHatter
07-12-2012, 09:02 PM
I need to give everybody a heads up here, I know that this has been on everybody’s mind with the super dry weather conditions here in SE Wisconsin.

· The NOAA weather service has upgraded our drought conditions to D2 (severe).
· A burn ban is now in place for the entire Bong Recreational Area.

If we have a launch we would have to ban sparkys and let’s say the launch goes without any major fires*one could*say we would be very lucky and extremely foolish.

So here we go, I’m making the call, unless this extremely dry condition lifts at Bong we must postpone ECOF until conditions improve.

At this time no significant rain fall is expected before ECOF. Keep in mind that even if we get a really good gully washer the existing dead dry grass will remain,*with the current conditions all it would take to start a major blaze is*a small “A” impulse to land in the grass, light off its ejection charge and we*would have a very dangerous situation to deal with.

I brought this up with Dan, Sather and Scotty, we all agree on this.

Mark Hackler

President WOOSH NAR Section 558

chadrog
07-12-2012, 10:46 PM
My vote was ECOF in September strait away, looks like I might get my wish. :D

dk54321
07-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Is the July 21 launch cancelled, too?

chadrog
07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Is the July 21 launch cancelled, too?
That is a TWA launch, and yes it too is cancelled.
http://www.tripoliwisconsin.org/

chadrog
07-30-2012, 01:33 AM
I notice the website says "ECOF in August", is this the plan? I don't remember it coming up.

chadrog
07-31-2012, 01:46 AM
Pull up the website on my pc, get the correct (current) info. Pull it up on my phone, it's outdated - smart-phone my clavicle! Anyone know how to clear whatever it is that needs clearing?

MadHatter
08-08-2012, 11:04 AM
It looks like ECOF can be re-scheduled to the September launch date or 9/8/2012 and 9/9/2012. This is depending on conditions, but if the rain/temperature continue to be beneficial ECOF will be on this date.

MadHatter
09-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Yes ECOF will be this weekend Sept 8th and 9th,

Set up will start at 8:00 am Saturday see the event planning for Kelly's Challange and the Cheese lofting events

MadHatter
09-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Pull up the website on my pc, get the correct (current) info. Pull it up on my phone, it's outdated - smart-phone my clavicle! Anyone know how to clear whatever it is that needs clearing?

For iPhone:

Go to Settings>Safari>Clear Cookies and Data

chadrog
09-05-2012, 04:14 AM
For iPhone:

Go to Settings>Safari>Clear Cookies and Data
Thanks boss.

spyderman1zzfe
09-06-2012, 10:59 PM
I'll be coming early to help set up. :)

MikeCr
09-07-2012, 09:08 AM