PDA

View Full Version : YORP is back online!

Ltvscout
09-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Plans is now fixed and back online. I'd say it took a total of about 9hrs or more to re-upload everything. In-between there I had a couple of server timeouts since it was taking so long. Anyhow, I now have an Enerjet plans section on the site. That's what I was adding last night when everything went to hell in a handbasket. :(

barone
09-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Just wanted to make sure you realize how much we appreciate all the work you guys put into maintaining this forum. The information exchange and resources are invaluable. Thanks.

Don
NAR 53455

Ltvscout
09-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Just wanted to make sure you realize how much we appreciate all the work you guys put into maintaining this forum. The information exchange and resources are invaluable. Thanks.
Thank you, Don. It's always nice to get a pat on the back. :)

I want to thank you for all the great submissions you've made to YORP over the years. Keep 'em coming! ;)

James Pierson
09-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks Scott and all the folks behind the scenes and scattered across the country. All of your time and effort is greatly appreciated. :)

BTW Scott, where is Ryan McDaniel as I remember him from YORP?

Thanks Again, JP

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Ltvscout
09-14-2006, 07:07 AM
BTW Scott, where is Ryan McDaniel as I remember him from YORP?

I haven't heard from Ryan in a long time. When he and I first started YORP he was a college student. When he graduated he disappeared for quite awhile. He popped up for a short time about a year ago, but now I haven't heard from him in quite awhile again.

Hey, did you notice that I finally got those Space Transporter America plans and decals online that you wanted a few years ago? ;) I never did get my opened kit unearthed to scan. John Brohm and Arley Davis sent scans in to me.

I noticed that the Rocket Preservation Society site is gone. What happened there? Wasn't it something like spammers took over or something?

James Pierson
09-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Scott said
Hey, did you notice that I finally got those Space Transporter America plans and decals online that you wanted a few years ago? I never did get my opened kit unearthed to scan. John Brohm and Arley Davis sent scans in to me.

Yeah! :D sure did notice you got that one posted. Ain't she a beauty, and well worth the wait of a few years until posted.

I noticed that the Rocket Preservation Society site is gone. What happened there? Wasn't it something like spammers took over or something?

Spammers, Freaks and Wierdo's posting messages on the board was difficult to keep deleting messages and banning members. :mad: Time and lack of computer knowledge was the problem. Also it was a free site with my MSN account and now have switched to DSL.

I am glad to see you have kept on asking people to post plan. I see with the latest YORP update a grand variety and quantity of plans. Well Done Scott!

James Pierson
NAR#77907

Tau Zero
09-14-2006, 10:14 PM
It's always nice to get a pat on the back. :)Hey, Scott, I'd like to add my thanks for your efforts, as well. ;) :D :cool:

And I especially appreciate the 9-plus hour "re-"upload marathon. :eek: Thanks, buddy!

Cheers,

Rocketaholic
09-22-2006, 03:21 PM

Don
NAR 53455

I just wanted to say the same. This site is really the best. I am able to still stay connected while deployed to Iraq (4th tour here). I always enjoy getting caught up on the history of the hobby and getting to learn new ideas. As well as getting to look at the classic kits from you plans site.

When I get back from this tour, I will be retiring from the military after 20 years of service. I have a garage full of kits. I will post the list of the items after I get back early next year.

The work you are doing with is site is top notch. Congrats to the work that you do with this site.

R/S

rocketaholic

Ltvscout
09-22-2006, 03:51 PM
I just wanted to say the same. This site is really the best. I am able to still stay connected while deployed to Iraq (4th tour here). I always enjoy getting caught up on the history of the hobby and getting to learn new ideas. As well as getting to look at the classic kits from you plans site.

When I get back from this tour, I will be retiring from the military after 20 years of service. I have a garage full of kits. I will post the list of the items after I get back early next year.

The work you are doing with is site is top notch. Congrats to the work that you do with this site.
Thank you, John. I appreciate your kind words. I want to thank you again for serving our country as well. Stay safe!

Green Dragon
09-22-2006, 08:21 PM

Don
NAR 53455

What he said :)

I hope to get my scanner replaced and be able to contribute a few more soon * fingers crossed *, although some of what I had that was missing has since been submitted.

Just my way of 'paying back' what I can, as I have had an absolute riot building all these posted plans the last couple years - and at less cost than exp, too :D .

carry on !

~ AL