PDA

View Full Version : HPR Launch at Bong August 18th and 19th

MadHatter
08-08-2012, 10:56 AM
We are a go for the launch on August 18 and 19th!

TWA agreed to allow us to share the date on August 18th as all other dates for August are picked over by the Dog events.

So we have the Bong runway to ourselves TWA/WOOSH, we are not sharing it with other events which means we can start without restrictions (other than the dry conditions) which we need to consider on the day of the launch.

Start time 9:30 10:00 ish depending on how many hands we have on deck for setup, the launch will run until we either run out of motors/rockets or until around 5:00 pm or what ever comes first.

chadrog
08-08-2012, 08:32 PM
I just noticed on the TWA forum that Vern Hoag is going to bring his GIANT 1b for display on the 18th, TOO COOL!!!!!

Russ
08-09-2012, 07:09 PM
A few quick questions:

Other than potentially skids, are there any other limitations we need to be aware of at this time?
Is Tim schuedled to be there for motor purchases , if yes is it both days?
Are there any differences we need to be aware of such as flight cards or procedural differences since we are sharing with TWA?

chadrog
08-09-2012, 08:12 PM
No limitations to speak of, probably not even skids. Baring something unforseen, Tim will be there for the weekend. No different plans or procedures for us, WOOSH is as WOOSH does. I'll be there around 8:00am for setup.

Russ
08-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks Chad. All answers are what I was hoping for. Assuming the weather is good on both days, i will be there on Sunday and I can help do take down. As much as I want to do both days, I need to dedicate some time to some other "chores".
No complaints though- just got the green light to add in a launch that starts in "Midwest" and ends in "Power". :D

chadrog
08-09-2012, 11:34 PM
The next couple weeks are going to be nice - I've got too much pent up launch energy, need some release. Should probably get my hotel room secured down in Princeton too.

Russ
08-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Funny you should mention hotels for MWP. I am looking at options right now

chadrog
08-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Funny you should mention hotels for MWP. I am looking at options right now
Options?!? PpPshaw! There's only one place to stay in Princeton, The Days Inn!

Russ
08-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Reservation verified at Days Inn for the better half, me and Jeremy. The better half says she is going to take pics. A real bonus as she does take good photos. I think she is really going because she has concerns about me, Woosh members, trailer full of Wildman goodies for sale, and our credit card. Something about mixing them together, no clue what she means. :chuckle: :chuckle:
Oh well, I love a challenge.

chadrog
08-10-2012, 01:49 AM
I have to ask - how many times did you have to spell your name when you made your reservation? Laughing...

MadHatter
08-13-2012, 09:02 AM
In the scheduling meeting back in January of 2012 at Bong Recreational Area we were faced with the potential of not having a launch in August. I was waiting for the last week in August to grab for ECOF but it was claimed by another group with higher priorty which left us no launch dates for August. Frank from TWA offed to share their date with us which lead to some intresting comments and discussions. The big thing to remember here is that if it was not for Franks offer WOOSH would have nothing for this month.

Since Saturday is the shared date and Sunday will be WOOSH only, WOOSH will be setting up the range for both days, LCO and RSO will be provided by TWA on Saturday, both Trisha and Betty will be running the Registration tent on Saturday.

Launch fee for impulse “F” or larger, one difference...

Every one will pay a $10.00 launch fee regardless if you are Tripoli, TWA, NAR or WOOSH.

On Sunday the 19th we will return to normal WOOSH operations and launch fees.