PDA

View Full Version : Dead Links

mycrofte
08-27-2012, 05:40 PM
I have been having problems getting to the forums for a few days. If I keep trying through my history and email I get here eventually.

Otherwise, Firefox tells me it doesn't exist.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems or if it might be Mediacom's server?

pantherjon
08-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Working fine here..

CPMcGraw
08-28-2012, 01:51 PM
I have been having problems getting to the forums for a few days. If I keep trying through my history and email I get here eventually.

Otherwise, Firefox tells me it doesn't exist.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems or if it might be Mediacom's server?

Try flushing your browser's cache, close it out, then restart the browser. Also, try shutting down your modem/router, then restarting it. Each of these can do wonders in getting a better connection to the servers.

It could also be Mediacom's DNS server going wonky...

bernomatic
08-28-2012, 02:48 PM
I was running into something similar last week. It would take forever for something to load w/ Firefox and I could get it to load with IE but not consistently.

Turns out my Windows and I think Java needed updating, so give that a try, if you can get here to read this. :confused:

mycrofte
08-29-2012, 06:55 AM
That might be my problem too. I had forgotten, about two weeks ago Norton 360 shut down my Java because it was unstable...

Ltvscout
08-29-2012, 01:46 PM
That might be my problem too. I had forgotten, about two weeks ago Norton 360 shut down my Java because it was unstable...