PDA

View Full Version : PMC kits galore! (links)

blackshire
10-19-2012, 03:10 AM
Hello All,

I just found a Japanese vendor that offers numerous scale plastic kits of American, Japanese, and Soviet/Russian space launch vehicles (made by various plastic model kit manufacturers) that would make interesting PMC (Plastic Model Conversion) flying scale model rockets. They include rarely-seen scale subjects such as the Titan IIIC, Delta II, R-7 Luna version, and Lambda-4S. The individual model kits listed below do not include most of their kits of spacecraft (of which they offer many!), but the listing page links ("PAGE 1," "PAGE 2," etc.), when opened, include individual links to *all* of the kits that are listed on each page. The links are as follows:

PAGE 1 http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?MacroType=SpaMod&GenreCode=Rsc

1/350 H-IIB Rocket & Launcher w/Real Fairing Fragment from Aoshima

1/200 H-IIA Rocket No.17 Ikaros/Akatsuki Launch Version from BCC Co. Ltd.

1/200 H-IIA Rocket /HTV from BCC Co. Ltd.

1/125 Ariane 5 Rocket from Heller

1/400 Skylab 2 Saturn IB Rocket from Dragon

1/6 Explorer 1 Satellite from Glencoe Models

1/350 H-IIB Launch Vehicle from Aoshima

1/400 H-IIA Rocket w/Launch Pad from Dragon

1/150 Artificial Satellite Ohsumi & Lambda Launch Vehicle from Aoshima

1/288 3 Stage Ferry Rocket from Glencoe Models

1/48 Jupiter C Rocket from Glencoe Models

1/400 Titan IIIC w/Launch Pad Maiden Flight from Dragon

1/72 Saturn V (Completed Model) from Dragon

PAGE 2 http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?MacroType=SpaMod&GenreCode=Rsc&DisplayMode=images&Dis=2&Sort=std&qid=FQQSEJH4Z98Q&set=1&Page=2

1/288 Space Shuttle & Booster Rocket from Academy

1/72 Semiorka R7 from Mach 2

1/72 Semiorka Luna 1 from Mach 2

1/72 Mercury Spacecraft Freedom 7 from Dragon

1/400 Delta II Rocket w/Launch Pad "Deep Impact" from Dragon

1/400 Delta II Rocket 7925 Heavy w/Launch Pad from Dragon

1/400 Space Shuttle Columbia (STS-1) from Dragon

1/400 Space Shuttle w/SRB Discovery (STS-124) from Dragon

1/288 Space Shuttle Orbiter & Rocket Booster from Doyusha

1/72 X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle "Glide Test" Version from Dragon

PAGE 3 http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?MacroType=SpaMod&GenreCode=Rsc&DisplayMode=images&Dis=2&Sort=std&qid=FQQSEJH4Z98Q&set=1&Page=3

1/72 Gemini Spacecraft & Astronaut Figure (Kit) from Dragon

1/400 Skylab 1 Saturn V Rocket from Dragon

1/72 Mercury Spacecraft Friendship 7 from Dragon

1/72 Redstone Rocket w/Mercury Spacecraft from Dragon

1/144 Space Shuttle from Airfix

1/144 Saturn V Skylab from Airfix

1/144 Apollo Saturn V from Airfix

1/144 Vostok 1 from Airfix

1/144 Saturn 1B Apollo 7 from Airfix

1/400 A2 Soyuz TMA-3 Rocket from Dragon

PAGE 4 http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?MacroType=SpaMod&GenreCode=Rsc&DisplayMode=images&Dis=2&Sort=std&qid=FQQSEJH4Z98Q&set=1&Page=4

1/400 40th Anniversary Apollo 11 Saturn V Rocket from Dragon

1/400 Atlas V Rocket w/Launch Pad + X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle from Dragon

PAGE 5 http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?MacroType=SpaMod&GenreCode=Rsc&DisplayMode=images&Dis=2&Sort=std&qid=FQQSEJH4Z98Q&set=1&Page=5 (All kits listed on this page are OUT OF STOCK at the moment.)

I hope this information will be helpful.

AcroRay
10-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Hobbylink Japan is a great company. I've ordered a lot from them over the years. Japanese hobby items at Japanese retail, with no secondary market markup.

In fact, I just ordered a couple of things from them today!

blackshire
10-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Hobbylink Japan is a great company. I've ordered a lot from them over the years. Japanese hobby items at Japanese retail, with no secondary market markup.

In fact, I just ordered a couple of things from them today!Good--I'm glad to read of your good experiences with them. I'm kind of stunned into inaction by the sheer variety of kits that they offer; it's a matter of, "So many kits...what do I order first?" :-)

AcroRay
10-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Be sure to look up the hobby tools, too. HLJ carries "Mr Surfacer" products, which are great for priming, filling, etc, and are a challenge to get in the US.

Jerry Irvine
10-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Are we there yet?

The benefits of cheap labor.

Jerry

AcroRay
10-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Are we there yet?

The benefits of cheap labor.

Huh? This is Japan we're talking about, where things are generally much more expensive and the cost of living is much higher. Hobby products are typically always at a premium.

The nice thing about HLJ is that they don't deliberately inflate the price for buyers outside of the country, or raep your wallet on postage. It has nothing to do with cheap labor. It has everything to do with an American living in Japan who has made a business selling current (for example) Gundam kits at their normal $25 Japanese retail to Amerians in North America, and not charging $75 for it because they're 'super rare Japanese kits'.

After being into Japanese hobby stuff since the early 1980s, I can tell you it's d*amn nice.