PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Power 10

X-wooshprez
10-21-2012, 09:50 PM
So who is going to MWP?
Bringing anything cool along?
I'm still working on my Gizmo XL DD
I'm riding down with Jay so it will likely be my only rocket.
Aw maybe I'll bring along something for the night launch

Rex R
10-22-2012, 03:20 AM
well I am planning to attend...
I'm bringing my 'Mad Scientist' project...and my nightflyer.
Rex

vdopro
10-22-2012, 09:27 AM
I'll be there. I'll have Rocket Fuel, my level 3 cert rocket and hope to do my cert flight on Saturday. I'll have my night flyer - 2nd Chance NX flying on an H. I'll be putting a J3?? Sconnie motor in the crayon rocket, flying in the Jart drag race, and flying a few other mid-power birds.

DANLK66
10-22-2012, 10:25 PM
I will be down. Gizmo on the K2045, Jart on a couple thing. I built the Maxi Brute kit from Fred so that may go up. And a few more. I think we will need the clubs tracker.

Should be a fun launch. See everyone down there.

Dan

chadrog
10-23-2012, 12:38 AM
We're headed down Thursday afternoon. I have many flights planned, not going to let the Illinois "Trade Winds" get in my way! G, H, I, J, K, will be the letters of the weekend.

Rex R
10-23-2012, 01:04 AM
just out of curiosity...which hotel is everyone staying at? I've reserved a room at 'days inn'
rex

chadrog
10-23-2012, 01:11 AM
We'll be rockin' the dayz as well.

dnl2
10-23-2012, 03:42 PM
My kids and I are going for the day sat. Couple of G's and one I.

DANLK66
10-23-2012, 04:32 PM
I am on the other side of the road from you guys.

Russ
10-25-2012, 04:23 AM
I will be there. First timer, looking forward to it. Leaving on Thursday night and stayin at the days Inn as well.
Plan on flying my Myztic for the night launch, Jart for the drag race, as well as a number of others. I will be using the letters E thru H with the possibility of my first I. Been stuck traveling a ton lately so not sure I will have that rocket ready.

spyderman1zzfe
10-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I will be there. First timer, looking forward to it. Leaving on Thursday night and stayin at the days Inn as well.
Plan on flying my Myztic for the night launch, Jart for the drag race, as well as a number of others. I will be using the letters E thru H with the possibility of my first I. Been stuck traveling a ton lately so not sure I will have that rocket ready.

I sent you an email.

M.Vrstal
10-27-2012, 10:30 AM
It looks like I won't be attending this year. My plan was to make it on Saturday and get my Sat 1b in the air. My daughter had a baby in April and the baptism is Sunday, also with Illinois trapping season starting on Monday, I have a bunch of stuff yet to do.
You guys have a great time. :)

X-wooshprez
10-27-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm riding down with Jay Rietz on Friday morning at the crack of dawn.
Will be bringing along the exceedingly large and heavy Gizmo XL DD for the drag race.
Plus one night flyer so I can use the paralite that Dennis gave me last year.

chadrog
10-27-2012, 09:21 PM
How many folks are looking to use the club trackers? I have two flights planned where I would like to have one handy: Ex Darkstar on K1275, and Jart on H268. Probably won't need it for the Darkstsr, but just in case.

chadrog
10-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Anyone? Anyone? Anybody home?

spyderman1zzfe
10-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Anyone? Anyone? Anybody home?

I'm home!

chadrog
10-28-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm home!
Are you coming down for "The Greatest Show on Dirt"?

spyderman1zzfe
10-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Are you coming down for "The Greatest Show on Dirt"?

You bet I am! I can't wait! :D

chadrog
10-29-2012, 07:35 AM
You bet I am! :D
Cool Beans Man! Anything special in the works?

spyderman1zzfe
10-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Cool Beans Man! Anything special in the works?

I don't have my level 1 cert yet so no, not this year. The best I've got is, I'll be getting my mid power Argent rocket back from Russ after he found it at Bong (thanks Russ).

chadrog
10-29-2012, 08:05 AM
You wouldn't be the first to put an H in an Argent. ;)

spyderman1zzfe
10-29-2012, 08:16 AM
You wouldn't be the first to put an H in an Argent. ;)

Hmm.... Never thought of that. A "H" you say. To the rocket shop! Up, up and away!

X-wooshprez
10-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Hey yah,
Brent Lillesand is also in the Gizmo drag race.
I'd have grabbed the trakers today but forgot the darn key for the trailer. I'll do it tonight.
Charlies place is a good spot to do ejection charge testing.
BOOM!

chadrog
10-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Hey yah,
Brent Lillesand is also in the Gizmo drag race.
I'd have grabbed the trakers today but forgot the darn key for the trailer. I'll do it tonight.
Charlies place is a good spot to do ejection charge testing.
BOOM!
Hopefully you get it all tweaked, time is growing short! I THINK I'm ready... What motor are you putting in the Mega-Giz?

spyderman1zzfe
10-30-2012, 08:45 AM
I hope the weather holds out for us.

Grimracer
10-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Be there Fri to Sunday..

Bringing all the Estes Pro II rockets.

can not remember where im staying.. lol.. Note to ones self.. check res..

See ya all on the flight line!

Grimracer

chadrog
10-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Be there Fri to Sunday..

Grimracer

You really need to look into that, especially if you chose the Days Inn - they sometimes lose track of reservations. We arrived there last year to just that situation. :confused:

Grimracer
10-31-2012, 08:43 AM
econo lodge.. yea.. ewew.. Rockets and a Lodge.. Im golden!

Grim

CenturiKid
10-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Well, its official. I won't be able to make it to MWP this year. Doctor told me I shouldn't really be travelling yet :(. I hope all who go have a great time and post some videos for me to watch!

I was hoping to at least make it to the sod farm Saturday, but I'm told standing out in a cold field is not the best thing for me either. From the looks of who's going I don't think there are many people left in town to fly!

Maybe I'll cardstock some MicroMaxx ornaments for the tree at the Christmas party....

Here's hoping me and the Jart can make it next year :)

chadrog
10-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Well, its official. I won't be able to make it to MWP this year. Doctor told me I shouldn't really be travelling yet :(. I hope all who go have a great time and post some videos for me to watch!

I was hoping to at least make it to the sod farm Saturday, but I'm told standing out in a cold field is not the best thing for me either. From the looks of who's going I don't think there are many people left in town to fly!

Maybe I'll cardstock some MicroMaxx ornaments for the tree at the Christmas party....

Here's hoping me and the Jart can make it next year :)
That's surely a bummer, but the health has to come first. I'm sure there'll be another one next year. If you would, throw an extra X-15 on the tree for me. :D

spyderman1zzfe
11-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Be there Fri to Sunday..

Grimracer

Can't wait to see'm fly!

DANLK66
11-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Sorry you wont be down hope you get well soon. We can do your level 1 this spring at Bong if you want. Paul will be out at the sod farm if you want to fly :)

I am still painting for tomorrow

take care

Dan

Grimracer
11-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I had a great time at MWP X. I flew a number of flights and met some great folks!

Thanks to all involved!

Grimracer

chadrog
11-06-2012, 04:15 AM
I had a great time at MWP X. I flew a number of flights and met some great folks!

Thanks to all involved!

Grimracer

It's a great way to spend a weekend for sure, 'bout as much fun as you can (legally) have in a corn field!

Grimracer
11-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Video from the launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNnk_7_VMQc&feature=plcp

Grim

vdopro
11-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Cool video! I think I might have to get me one of those!

Grimracer
11-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Lets try a pic

Grim