PDA

View Full Version : Holey Moley

Shreadvector
11-13-2006, 07:50 PM
http://www.estesrockets.com/instructions.php

The website is being updated, but there are listings for instructions. If some of these are real, look out! If they are dummy placeholders, then "bummer...."

s1lence
11-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Very interesting, I wonder what motivated estes to do that?

Most do not have the fin templates and there are no decal scans either.

ghrocketman
11-13-2006, 09:43 PM
If this is for real, I am all over buying an Astron Cobra, Colonial Viper, Colosssus, Defender, A20 Demon, and Astron Delta kits.

Has anyone asked Roguepink (works for Estes R&D) on TRF about this ????

The web catalog also shows the B6-0 and C11-5 under available engines...have these returned ?

s1lence
11-13-2006, 09:50 PM
If this is for real, I am all over buying an Astron Cobra, Colonial Viper, Colosssus, Defender, A20 Demon, and Astron Delta kits.

Has anyone asked Roguepink (works for Estes R&D) on TRF about this ????

I didn't even think about it in that way. That would be pretty sweet. Maybe they are going to get more into the "cloning" market place.

CPMcGraw
11-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Very interesting, I wonder what motivated estes to do that?

How about a general feeling of inadequacy? Or maybe just a simple recognition of the business equation that having lots of model rockets out here in the wild equates to increased motor sales for them?

Ltvscout
11-13-2006, 10:18 PM
http://www.estesrockets.com/instructions.php

The website is being updated, but there are listings for instructions. If some of these are real, look out! If they are dummy placeholders, then "bummer...."
Neato. Maybe they're trying to get their OOP plans away from JimZ and YORP? I hope that's not the case. I highly doubt those OOP instructions are kits that are going to be re-released though.

Thanks for pointing this link out to us, Fred.

A Fish Named Wallyum
11-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Neato. Maybe they're trying to get their OOP plans away from JimZ and YORP? I hope that's not the case.

Even if this is the case, you have enough other plans to keep your site viable as a resource. In my esteemed opinion, YORP is one of the great suppositories of information available to us. :eek:

CPMcGraw
11-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Neato. Maybe they're trying to get their OOP plans away from JimZ and YORP? I hope that's not the case. I highly doubt those OOP instructions are kits that are going to be re-released though.

Thanks for pointing this link out to us, Fred.

I did notice they posted the T25 Centurion RC rocket glider plans, which we've been showing in red (not posted) in our kit lists. I'm going to go through their list now and update the XEKL with their site added...

sandman
11-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Even if this is the case, you have enough other plans to keep your site viable as a resource. In my esteemed opinion, YORP is one of the great suppositories of information available to us. :eek:

suppositories!!!!

EEEEHHHHH!

Yuck! :o

Doug Sams
11-13-2006, 10:39 PM
In my esteemed opinion, YORP is one of the great suppositories of information available to us. :eek: :D

Bill,

Ever hear of Norm Crosby ? :)

Doug

A Fish Named Wallyum
11-13-2006, 10:55 PM
:D

Bill,

Ever hear of Norm Crosby ? :)

Doug

Yeah, he did "White Christmas". ;)

tbzep
11-14-2006, 07:36 AM
There's no way that they are bringing all those kits back out. Someone at Estes just finally realized that clones use motors too.

Shreadvector
11-14-2006, 07:44 AM
No, you're confusing him with Tasha Yar who played that creepy nurse on Dexter.

Yeah, he did "White Christmas". ;)

Nuke Rocketeer
11-14-2006, 07:44 AM
suppositories!!!!

EEEEHHHHH!

Yuck! :o

Yeah, those sharp corners on folded paper would really hurt going in!!
:eek:

Ltvscout
11-14-2006, 08:30 AM
No, you're confusing him with Tasha Yar who played that creepy nurse on Dexter.
Good show!