PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Creek

MikeCr
08-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Anybody going this Sunday?

chadrog
08-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Looks like weather might be a factor, I'll probably pass. Three weekends in a row is pushing it anyway...

MikeCr
09-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Anyone planning on being at Johnson Creek this Sunday, Sept. 15?

Mike

PaulK
09-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Anyone planning on being at Johnson Creek this Sunday, Sept. 15?

MikeI'd like to, haven't been there all summer. Won't know til Saturday, keep an eye on the weather.

PaulK
09-14-2013, 08:44 AM
Looks likely that weather is going to scrub JC this time.

MikeCr
09-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Yup. So much for that idea.

chadrog
09-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Looking like a good day to curl up with a kit and a football game.

PaulK
09-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Looking like a good day to curl up with a kit and a football game.Just got this email yesterday:

Sirius Rocketry, LLC has sent you a package :D

chadrog
09-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Oooooh, what did you get? On second thought, don't tell me - just tell me what month I need not bring a rocket to the meeting...

CenturiKid
09-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Bummer that JC was rained out, I was hoping to make it out to say hello.

Doctors have been feeding me some bad news, and it seems my days of longer recovery walks are going to be numbered/over :(. It's a good thing I acquired a taste for small motors, might be my only option.

Hope to make it to the meeting this month to see what everyone has been working on :)

Andy

chadrog
09-15-2013, 10:58 PM
That sucks Andy, so sorry to hear. Myself and my recovery crew are always happy to help out, though often times we loose track of your rockets! We'll still try though!

PaulK
09-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Bummer that JC was rained out, I was hoping to make it out to say hello.

Doctors have been feeding me some bad news, and it seems my days of longer recovery walks are going to be numbered/over :(. It's a good thing I acquired a taste for small motors, might be my only option.

Hope to make it to the meeting this month to see what everyone has been working on :)

AndySorry to hear that Andy. Don't worry about the launches, i'm glad to help you out. I'm looking forward to some low-power, low-cost launches.

CenturiKid
09-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys. Nice to have such a great local club with such awesome people. I'm still going through all the tests and such; wouldn't be surprised if I end up glowing in the dark after all this :)

chadrog
09-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Thanks guys. Nice to have such a great local club with such awesome people. I'm still going through all the tests and such; wouldn't be surprised if I end up glowing in the dark after all this :)
You'll be a hit at the night launch!

Rex R
09-20-2013, 04:26 PM
at the moment the weather looks good for the 22nd...anyone up for a launch?
rex

chadrog
09-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Not a Packer fan, are ya' Rex.

CenturiKid
09-20-2013, 10:38 PM
I would be interested. Would be nice to get out of the house. And my TV is broken so Packers aren't even an option for me :)

chadrog
09-21-2013, 02:41 PM
No launch or game for me, I'll be on a boat.
http://www.discoveryworld.org/exhibits/s-v-denis-sullivan/
Hope T-Pain is there...

Rex R
09-22-2013, 05:33 PM
we had a beautiful day for launching rockets, temps in the low to mid 60's wind was 0-5mph AWAY from the mall and the trees! all rockets were recovered with minimal walking. saw my first 6mm cato(nozzle blew out, no damage to the rocket). tried out my converted land rocket with a 1/2A3-2t...as a proof of concept it went fine. as for amazing speed well, it went about as fast as it did using the cold power motor(not very fast) nor did it go overly far, could probably have run it in a standard driveway...have to try a 'full A3' next time.
speaking of which, JB and I are thinking of adding an event to the JC list of activities land rocket drag races. motors to be limited to 13mm A's(bp, at least for now. we may allow 18mm A's later)
rex

PaulK
09-22-2013, 10:02 PM
we had a beautiful day for launching rockets, temps in the low to mid 60's wind was 0-5mph AWAY from the mall and the trees! all rockets were recovered with minimal walking. saw my first 6mm cato(nozzle blew out, no damage to the rocket). tried out my converted land rocket with a 1/2A3-2t...as a proof of concept it went fine. as for amazing speed well, it went about as fast as it did using the cold power motor(not very fast) nor did it go overly far, could probably have run it in a standard driveway...have to try a 'full A3' next time.
speaking of which, JB and I are thinking of adding an event to the JC list of activities land rocket drag races. motors to be limited to 13mm A's(bp, at least for now. we may allow 18mm A's later)
rexWish I could've been there, sounds like a great day!