PDA

View Full Version : Surprise today at Hobby Lobby

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-29-2013, 07:51 PM
The new E and F BP engines were on the shelf, along with a couple of the new kits. Kits were the Majestic and Ascender. Motor prices were $24ish for the two pack, which will bring it down into a decent range with the 40% off coupon. I got pics, but they're on my phone and I have no idea how to send them anywhere useful.

Peter Olivola
08-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Email them yourself, save the attachment to your computer and you should be able to imbed them in a message here.

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Not an option, and the pics aren't that good anyway. My phone is not a smart phone. It's more of a moron phone. They want me to subscribe to a service to be able to send pics to email and that's money better spent elsewhere. If I get back this weekend, I'll take a real camera.

Peter Olivola
08-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Does your phone connect to your computer via USB? On any version of Windows from XP the system should give an option to save photos when it's plugged in. Same with a Mac.

Not an option, and the pics aren't that good anyway. My phone is not a smart phone. It's more of a moron phone. They want me to subscribe to a service to be able to send pics to email and that's money better spent elsewhere. If I get back this weekend, I'll take a real camera.

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Does your phone connect to your computer via USB? On any version of Windows from XP the system should give an option to save photos when it's plugged in. Same with a Mac.
It does. I'll give that a try when I get home in the morning. I never considered that despite charging it on the computer last night. Maybe it isn't useless after all.
No, it's still pretty much useless. :(

Randy
08-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Yep, I saw a couple here in B'ham today too. They had like 2 of each delay.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

ghrocketman
09-02-2013, 09:06 PM
That price sounds reasonable with the 40% off coupons.
Without them, no thanks.
12 bucks for 50n-sec is just too much when I can pay roughly $20 for three 50-nsec F24 or F39 RMS 24 reloads (around $6.75 each). BP SU in a cardboard case should be no more expensive than APCP reloads per n-sec.

Jerry Irvine
09-02-2013, 10:51 PM
How does someone get a 40% off coupon?

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-02-2013, 11:36 PM
How does someone get a 40% off coupon?
Go to the Hobby Lobby website and click on "Weekly Offers", then print off the coupon. OR, take your smart phone to the store and go to the website, pull the coupon up and show it to the cashier. I have a not-real-smart phone, so I have my daughter send me a picture of the coupon and they accept that as well. (Probably out of pity for my sad little phone existence more than anything.) :chuckle:

ghrocketman
09-03-2013, 08:31 AM
You need to get that phone some further education to 'smartify' it.

Royatl
09-03-2013, 05:58 PM
I made a run to two Hobby Lobbys around me and got a Ventris on clearance and an Ascender on the 40% at one; a Leviathan on clearance and a pack of F15-6 motors on the 40% at the other. That should do me (except for motors) for the current flying season.

The Ascender looks pretty good; the surprise is that the colors are pearlescent which is impossible to tell from the box photo.

I'm struck by the thin walls of the casing on the F15.

SEL
09-03-2013, 06:15 PM
I made a run to two Hobby Lobbys around me and got a Ventris on clearance and an Ascender on the 40% at one; a Leviathan on clearance and a pack of F15-6 motors on the 40% at the other. That should do me (except for motors) for the current flying season.

The Ascender looks pretty good; the surprise is that the colors are pearlescent which is impossible to tell from the box photo.

I'm struck by the thin walls of the casing on the F15.

Hey Roy,

Could you post a few photos of the motors?

Thanks,

Sean

Royatl
09-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Hey Roy,

Thanks,

Sean

Photos have been posted elsewhere, probably even here ?? so I don't think any photos I take would add much. They look just like the E9 and E12 motors, just a little larger in diameter. The nozzle is the same diameter (and therefore uses the same plugs) as the D12.

Roy

Royatl
09-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Something I just noticed a few minutes ago. The date code on the motors in the pack of F15-6s I got yesterday is 08 29 11, meaning these were made TWO YEARS AGO!

snaquin
09-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Something I just noticed a few minutes ago. The date code on the motors in the pack of F15-6s I got yesterday is 08 29 11, meaning these were made TWO YEARS AGO!

I noticed that too. The F15-6 single stage motors I purchased have that same date code of 08 29 11 and the F15-8 upper stage motors have the date code 09 04 12

I picked up a pack of each today at HL with the 40% off coupon. There was a peg for F15-0 that I am also waiting to come into stock (SO I CAN BUY ALL OF THEM)! They had both of the new E type motor delays in stock but no peg for an E booster motor or the PSII Booster. I'll probably grab a pack of each of those E types this weekend before they sell out. Looks like they stocked two packs of each type.

:)

snaquin
09-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Hey Roy,

Thanks,

Sean

Sean,

I have plans to open my two packs this weekend to dry fit and balance for CG/CP relationship in a couple of my rockets. Like Roy mentioned I also saw a pic either here or on TRF that Bob had posted.

I can take pics and post photos if you can't locate those pics. I must admit it feels pretty good in your hands to pick up those honkin' Estes motors in the two pack. Made me grin all the way up to the check out line to find those locally!

:D

I've been out of town quite a bit lately and don't remember where I saw the pics.

:)

Royatl
09-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Hey Roy,

Thanks,

Sean

Here's the thread over on the Rocketry Forum:

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?56194-Estes-is-getting-interesting

Pictures are in the second message

BEC
09-04-2013, 09:32 PM
So in the last two days I've bought half of my nearest HL stock of the new stuff....since they are only stocking one of each. I have the F15s (both packs) and the Majestic kit. Tomorrow I'll go get the E16-6s if they're still there.

On date codes: my pack of F15-6s has one motor with the 8-29-11 date code and one with 04-15-13! The F15-8s are both exactly one year old today - they are coded 09-04-12.

aeppel_cpm
09-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Comparison pic.

Polaris1324
11-11-2013, 09:19 AM
On my visit to Hobby Lobby this weekend they had F15-0, E16-4 and E16-6 motors in stock with pegs for F15-6 and F15-8s no E16-0 pegs though. Don't remember all the pricing but the E16-6 pack I picked up was $24.99, used the 40% off coupon so it only cost $14 :)

They also had the PSII booster and several PS II E2X kit. The only remaining PS II non E2X kits were two Leviathans for $21, picked up one of those too. :D

Solomoriah
11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Hobby Lobby in Quincy, IL has some of the Estes composite engines for $8.99 to $11.99 each. F and G sizes, don't remember the designation. I don't launch rockets with F or G engines, so I left them there.

A Fish Named Wallyum
11-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Hobby Lobby in Quincy, IL has some of the Estes composite engines for $8.99 to $11.99 each. F and G sizes, don't remember the designation. I don't launch rockets with F or G engines, so I left them there.
I picked a G80 and G40 from a clearance rack last week for $10.07 each. Doesn't look like HL plans to stock them anymore based on the current shelf setup.