PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrgh!

tbzep
12-03-2006, 12:10 PM
The good news...

I finally got a new digital SLR so I can get good liftoff shots of my birds. The sun is shining nice and bright and I've got several rockets waiting on maiden flights. :D

The bad news...

The wind is blowing about 15-20mph with much larger and very unpredictible gusts. From the looks of the treetops, the wind is much stronger up there. No telling how strong it is at 300-500 ft. I'm dying to take some launch photos of my fleet. It's killing me! :mad:

Ltvscout
12-03-2006, 12:26 PM
The good news...

I finally got a new digital SLR so I can get good liftoff shots of my birds. The sun is shining nice and bright and I've got several rockets waiting on maiden flights. :D
What did you get?

I'm not going to get an SLR for my next camera. I'm looking at the Canon S3IS.

tbzep
12-03-2006, 01:45 PM
What did you get?

I'm not going to get an SLR for my next camera. I'm looking at the Canon S3IS.

It's a Nikon D80.

The Cannon looks nice. Check to see what happens in its viewfinder when shooting in burst mode. It's an LCD viewfinder. With most models, the LCD viewfinders usually lag really bad or shut off completely when shooting bursts just like the bigger LCD view screens do. If that issue has been addressed by Cannon, it looks like it will be a good camera for rockets. :)

kurtschachner
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
It's a Nikon D80.

I need a D80 body. A couple-three years ago I bought a new N80 body ($250+ IIRC) and (ultimately) three nice lenses (not the crappy ones that came with the body/lens combos). Now I'd like to get a digital camera to go with those lenses. I still use the N80 a lot, we find that unless we shoot film the pictures never make it into the albums, they just languish on the computer.

I think I bought the N80 right at the tail end of the film era and just before digital SLRs became reasonably priced. Story of my life :rolleyes: