PDA

View Full Version : Estes PS II E2X Booster

Initiator001
10-05-2013, 02:27 PM
I received my Estes PS II Booster from Hobbylinc.

Some Assembly Required. :D

I don't know if I will be able to fly it at my regular launch site. It may have to wait until NARAM-56. ;)

Shreadvector
10-05-2013, 08:20 PM

I don't know if I will be able to fly it at my regular launch site. It may have to wait until NARAM-56. ;)

I neglected to weigh the one I saw at Lucerne. Can you weight the complted stage in grams or small fractions of ounces? Ditto for actual completed rockets that can be used as upper stage. Motor weights are known, so this info will tell us if it's 500 grams or less at liftoff.

Thanks.

snaquin
10-10-2013, 09:22 PM

Well, glad to see you have your PS II Booster. I was bummed tonight. My local Hobby Lobby gets in new stock in every Wednesday but the PS II Booster shelf was still empty.

:(

I was hoping to build the booster tomorrow and use it on my Ascender when I bring it to the field this Saturday.

On the brighter side while I was at Hobby Lobby I did pick up the Majestic kit and since they restocked the F15-0 my wife picked up that pack of engines so i had a 40% off shopping spree to ease the PS II Booster disappointment.

:)

BEC
10-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Are the boosters still $32.95 at your store, Steve? They were at my HL on Tuesday (their restock day). No boosters there either - yet.

snaquin
10-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Are the boosters still $32.95 at your store, Steve? They were at my HL on Tuesday (their restock day). No boosters there either - yet.

Bernard

Still no boosters at my HL store in Hammond and I checked another HL store in Baton Rouge on the way back from a launch today. I bought F15-0 at two different HL stores in Hammond and in Covington and those were marked $32.95 per pack at both stores.

snaquin
10-13-2013, 01:31 PM
I neglected to weigh the one I saw at Lucerne. Can you weight the complted stage in grams or small fractions of ounces? Ditto for actual completed rockets that can be used as upper stage. Motor weights are known, so this info will tell us if it's 500 grams or less at liftoff.

Thanks.

Fred,

Still waiting for a booster to appear locally but I'd also like to know the weight of a built unit as well.

I weighed both of these on my digital scale:

My Majestic mass with no motors is 8.6 oz
My Ascender mass with no motors is 11.2 oz

BEC
10-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Just got back from my weekly Hobby Lobby run....a day late.

No F15-0s on the hook right price or wrong (or any other 29mm motors except E16-8s) BUT I did score the first PSII E2X Booster I've seen in the store.

Shreadvector
10-24-2013, 08:13 AM

No F15-0s on the hook right price or wrong (or any other 29mm motors except E16-8s) BUT I did score the first PSII E2X Booster I've seen in the store.

I phoned 2 Hobby Lobby stores in my area yesterday. One gets their truck on Monday and they said that they had a few of the larger motors and a booster and that the booster was now gone and they only had a couple of packs of F15-0 motors left. The other store gets their truck on Wednesday and they had the booster stage and some F15-0 motors as well as some E motors. I might go by that location after work today to see if anything is left.

iPhone app coupon ready to go.....

snaquin
10-25-2013, 10:06 PM

PSII 29mm boosters (two of them) were rec'd at my local HL store on Wednesday. I got tired of waiting and had ordered one already from HobbyLinc with three packs of the E16 -0 boosters just to be sure I would have them ready to fly next month.

I'm looking forward to staging the Estes PSII Ascender and Majestic rockets soon.

None of the F15-0 booster engines I purchased at two different HL stores have been restocked yet. I'll be in Baton Rouge tomorrow there are two stores there. I'll check both, of course

:)

Royatl
10-26-2013, 09:07 AM

I saw some here this week at a HL near Atlanta at that price.

BEC
10-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Still waiting for a booster to appear locally but I'd also like to know the weight of a built unit as well.

I assembled the one I got at Hobby Lobby last night. 4.75 ounces with everything but the "Estes" sticker on it.

I ordered another one (and some E16-0s and F15-0s) from HobbyLinc also. I've been dithering about getting an Ascender from Hobby Lobby - I may do that on my weekly run there later this week.

I might get a chance to try all this stuff out on November 16th at the TCR launch in Pasco if I can go. I have the Majestic and now the booster with motors coming....

BEC
11-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Quick update on F15-0 pricing at Hobby Lobby. I was just in my local one again this evening...they had two packs of F15-0s out....still priced at $32.95. The only other 29mm package was one of E16-6s.

Didn't do the Ascender on this trip. Still tempted, though.

The HobbyLinc order I mentioned just above has shipped.

Royatl
11-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Quick update on F15-0 pricing at Hobby Lobby. I was just in my local one again this evening...they had two packs of F15-0s out....still priced at $32.95. The only other 29mm package was one of E16-6s.

Didn't do the Ascender on this trip. Still tempted, though.

The HobbyLinc order I mentioned just above has shipped.

One here has it at $33.99.

Donaldsrockets
11-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Has anyone flown the booster yet???

Just curious, I picked one up earlier this week. Seems pretty heavy when paired to the Ascender.

Shreadvector
11-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Has anyone flown the booster yet???

Just curious, I picked one up earlier this week. Seems pretty heavy when paired to the Ascender.

I saw one fly a month ago at our club Lucerne Dry Lake launch .

F15-0 to F15-8. No wind perfectly straight flight to some absurd altitude.

I'm sure I posted about it here or on TRF.