PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Wish List

Bob Thomas
12-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Its getting close to the gift giving time of year and I'm almost finished my shopping. I was just wondering how to let my loved ones know what to get me. I know its all about giving, not getting. So....., I will again give MYSELF a gift or two for my (our) favorite hobby.

I was hoping that SEMROC Clause was finished with its V2, but there are so many other excellent kits available. The LiL Hustler is a classic that is on my list.

The former "Pimp" has a few new (old) kits available and Eric does a fine job reproducing near perfect clones.

JFlis broke my heart already, being out of the USS Grissom, a MUST for futuristic fans.

I took a break (about four months ago) from my Sirius mid-power Interrogator [ fins, tubes, mounts prepped and ready ]. I was so impressed with it I am already thinking of the Refit USS Atlantis. Perhaps I should finish my estes scale clone first. [why start now!!!]

I still haven't quenched my desire for the Thrustline Arapahoe, it may have to wait as the little Mars Probe now has my eye.

The Squirrel Works Firebird SST would almost complete my SST Collection, just have to pick up Red River Stratos as well.

So Many great designs, clones and plans available, tough to choose. Thank God there are so many great vendors available to keep our appetites satiated, without too-quickly draining our wallets.

How about we do Christmas once a month. Good Cheer would always be in mind. [not to mention plenty of kits to give and get]

jflis
12-12-2006, 09:51 AM
HEY, hey hey! :D

Parts for the USS Grissom are enroute and we should have them back in stock by early next week (or sooner :) )

just an FYI... :)

jim

Bob Thomas
12-12-2006, 11:45 AM
I'd be thrilled if it makes it by Xmas. I find it's really hard for my wife to punish me when the boxes come in around my birthday or Christmas. I usually box up some of the un-built kits and hide them in the basement so they are not as obvious when the new stuff comes in. I probably have about 40 kits stashed, like little treasure boxes that I'll "discover" in the future. Maybe I'll put a note with them in case they're found by my sons when they divide my estate!!!

I'll check your site often, Jim.

sandman
12-12-2006, 12:36 PM
I usually box up some of the un-built kits and hide them in the basement so they are not as obvious when the new stuff comes in. I probably have about 40 kits stashed, like little treasure boxes that I'll "discover" in the future. Maybe I'll put a note with them in case they're found by my sons when they divide my estate!!!

Hmmm...my mother-in-law has a squirrel in her attic that does the same thing with black walnuts. :D

Bob Thomas
12-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Hmmm...my mother-in-law has a squirrel in her attic that does the same thing with black walnuts. :D

I don't claim to be as smart as that little squirrel, but I'd bet he was never short on nuts!

jflis
12-13-2006, 09:19 AM
I'd be thrilled if it makes it by Xmas. I find it's really hard for my wife to punish me when the boxes come in around my birthday or Christmas. I usually box up some of the un-built kits and hide them in the basement so they are not as obvious when the new stuff comes in. I probably have about 40 kits stashed, like little treasure boxes that I'll "discover" in the future. Maybe I'll put a note with them in case they're found by my sons when they divide my estate!!!

I'll try to remember to post an update in here too :)

jflis
12-16-2006, 02:52 PM

Bob,

Thought you'd like to know that the USS Grissom kits are BACK IN STOCK!

:D

If you order by Tuesday you should have it for Christmas :)

jim

Bob Thomas
12-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Bob,

Thought you'd like to know that the USS Grissom kits are [B]BACK IN STOCK![/B}

:D

If you order by Tuesday you should have it for Christmas :)

jim

The order is in, couldn't resist a Stingray and Cheetah as well. Merry Christmas