PDA

View Full Version : Launch magazine article

CQBArms
01-15-2007, 05:57 PM
In the article there was a picture of the first catalog, I think it was a green cover with a black silhouette. Are there any Semroc designs out there that have been retired? If so any chance of bringing them back?

Carl@Semroc
01-15-2007, 10:06 PM
In the article there was a picture of the first catalog, I think it was a green cover with a black silhouette.That is a copy of the Central Rocket Supply catalog from 1962 mentioned in the interview.
Are there any Semroc designs out there that have been retired? If so any chance of bringing them back? The Aphelion, Swift, XK-23, and Black Brant III have not reen re-released yet. We probably will not do the BBIII since Taras does such a good job with them.

CQBArms
01-15-2007, 10:13 PM
If you don't mind, what was the rocket on the cover of the Central Rocket Supply catalog?

Carl@Semroc
01-15-2007, 11:23 PM
If you don't mind, what was the rocket on the cover of the Central Rocket Supply catalog?Sorry. I was too fast on that one. The catalog was from Central Rocket Company. Rocket Supply Company was a different early manufacturer that had a division named AMROCS.

The cover model was the Nova CRC7 (http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/ClassicParts.asp?ID=715). It was an early two stage model. The engines came in a set of a booster and an upper stage engine.

billspad
01-16-2007, 06:18 AM
That is a copy of the Central Rocket Supply catalog from 1962 mentioned in the interview.
The Aphelion, Swift, XK-23, and Black Brant III have not reen re-released yet. We probably will not do the BBIII since Taras does such a good job with them.

Is there a copy of any of your old catalogs online anywhere?

Royatl
01-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Is there a copy of any of your old catalogs online anywhere?

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rockets/catalogs/semroc570/570semroccat.html

billspad
01-16-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rockets/catalogs/semroc570/570semroccat.html

Thanks. I looked there first but I was looking for "Semroc". You'd think that after reading the article I would have made the Astronautic Modeler connection.

DWolman
01-16-2007, 07:08 PM
I believe that I have the instructions for the RDC Nova 3 kit - I'm thinking that it's the 2-stager with 3 paralell motors in the first stage.

I can try to get it scanned if someone needs it.

Dan

Carl@Semroc
01-16-2007, 08:13 PM
I believe that I have the instructions for the RDC Nova 3 kit - I'm thinking that it's the 2-stager with 3 paralell motors in the first stage.

DanI do! There is not much from RDC that is online anywhere.

barone
01-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I do! There is not much from RDC that is online anywhere.

Ditto......Bet we could use them in the plans section here (as well as on my computer :D ).

Ltvscout
01-16-2007, 10:39 PM

Dan
Why, yes, Ye Olde Rocket Plans needs it! Please scan and send to me and Carl. Thanks.