PDA

View Full Version : What's the process to start ordering parts to build prototypes?

CQBArms
01-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Is that an option yet?

Carl@Semroc
01-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Standard or custom?

snaquin
01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Standard or custom?

Myself, I would be interested in custom designs. Something that required some design, flight testing and new construction {not a kit build}. Or perhaps something that was possibly mentioned in a publication but never released as a kit from Centuri or EnerJet.

Prototype construction and flight testing is an area I am very interested in.

What are your thoughts Carl?

CQBArms
01-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Standard parts right now, I'm working on recombinations of existing parts to make new or more correctly different kits.

I guess knowing the process for ordering custom parts would be good too.

snaquin
01-20-2007, 11:08 AM
I am also interested in purchasing and modifying the standard Lune R-1 kit into the two stage design that I posted {Lune R-1 Plus 1}

I'm planning to buy the kit and extra parts with my next Semroc order and build it just to see how it would fly.

Would there be any interest in perhaps a separate place inside this SVDT forum to post prototype or modified kit builds with construction pictures and flight pictures?

A Fish Named Wallyum
01-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Would there be any interest in perhaps a separate place inside this SVDT forum to post prototype or modified kit builds with construction pictures and flight pictures?

I'm thinking that there might be. :rolleyes: ;) :cool:

CPMcGraw
01-20-2007, 05:10 PM
I am also interested in purchasing and modifying the standard Lune R-1 kit into the two stage design that I posted {Lune R-1 Plus 1}

I'm planning to buy the kit and extra parts with my next Semroc order and build it just to see how it would fly.

Post them in "Designer's Corner". It's like the "Scrounged" thread in the public area, and it's open for contributions. I just created the thread to get things started; everyone is invited! Just post the data mentioned in the first message, that way everything stays constant...

Photos are highly encouraged... :D :rolleyes:

snaquin
01-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Post them in "Designer's Corner". It's like the "Scrounged" thread in the public area, and it's open for contributions. I just created the thread to get things started; everyone is invited! Just post the data mentioned in the first message, that way everything stays constant...

Photos are highly encouraged... :D :rolleyes:

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if we should post build details and images in the Designer's Corner.

I guess I need to order some Semroc parts and build something now ..... :rolleyes: