PDA

View Full Version : Clean the shop day!

A Fish Named Wallyum
01-27-2007, 11:04 AM
The Quark launch was cancelled today, my daughter had a speech meet halfway between here and Lexington, and my son had to work, so I decided to clean, organize and rearrange my concrete bunker aka "Dad's Lab". (Or at least start on it.) Along the way I've rediscovered many an old rocket part, including the complete Maxi Honest John that I bought from the Beer Skunk back in 2001. I was planning on doing a Maxi Deep Space Transport, but it was a project that I never got around to and eventually lost interest in. In the years since the HoJo has become something of a collectors piece, so I guess it will wind up on Ebay. Someone out there is bound to want one. Still have yet to turn up my box of assorted nose cones that disappeared in the move, but I still have hope. I also found the old Quest parts kit that I was never able to find tubes for. Maybe now they'll be a little easier to turn up. Progress has been slow, but I managed to wrestle the old "workbench" into the side yard. The previous owner had constructed it and stored a dozen bottles of drinking water on the bottom of it. Apparently plastic rots, because some of the jugs broke and the plywood has rotted. My Steelcase desk will fill that area and I'm seriously considering gutting his sagging shelves also, although they're okay for rockets.

EchoVictor
01-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Ooooh, a Maxi Deep Space Transport? I'd Love to see that.....

DO IT!!!

Later,
EV

Green Dragon
01-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Ooooh, a Maxi Deep Space Transport? I'd Love to see that.....

DO IT!!!

Later,
EV

Ditto !

:-)

with the 'colletor series' HoJO , the pricing on these has been pretty realistic , although priing is starting to inch back up, but not like the other Maxi series kits.. in fact, I've scrapped a Maxi HOJO myself for parts ( for my bro's AAA BT95 bird, forget the kit name off the top o my head ) .

so... although I was never a huge fan of the Deep Space Transport.. a large scale version would be real neat. go for it :-)

~ AL