PDA

View Full Version : Candy Power

tmacklin
08-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Here is a picture I took this past Saturday at Gunter, Texas just before the second flight of the Baby Ruther. The young man's name is Wesley and he is now my designated retriever.

The rocket flew great on an AT G76-4 motor...except the parachute stuck in the booster section and resulted in an exciting core sample which embedded about 8" into the clay prairie. There was no damage to anything except for my wounded pride, and Wesley subsequently devoured the payload...again.

tbzep
08-26-2014, 02:39 PM
I was hoping for a post on sugar motors, but exciting core samples are cool too. :cool:

Bill
08-26-2014, 03:08 PM
How did you keep the payload from melting in that heat? Freeze it the night before?

Bill

tmacklin
08-26-2014, 03:47 PM
How did you keep the payload from melting in that heat? Freeze it the night before?

Bill

Exactly. And I ain't doing it again until October!

ghrocketman
08-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Still say you should have made it a TRUE upper-dekker in the payload. Now THAT would have been a spectacularly STINKAY splatttt-O !

Rocketflyer
08-27-2014, 08:02 AM
I was hoping for a post on sugar motors, but exciting core samples are cool too. :cool:

Yep. I was hoping it was on "carmel candy" motors as well.

tmacklin
08-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Still say you should have made it a TRUE upper-dekker in the payload. Now THAT would have been a spectacularly STINKAY splatttt-O !

Well GH, why don't I just post the plans so you can build and load one up for yourself with whatever putrid sh!t you can find to inflict maximun shock and awe upon the good people of Michigan? You could even list it on Ebay and donate 1% of the proceeds to a good charitable organization like this one: http://www.reaganfoundation.org/get-involved-overview.aspx

I'll even open the bidding for you at $ 0.99. :D

tmacklin
08-27-2014, 03:47 PM
As promised, a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSSM2WKQgfc

ghrocketman
08-27-2014, 06:35 PM
I'd like to drop a turd ON that POS foundation.