PDA

View Full Version : New Vonage Add

UMRS
05-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Is it just me, but up until now I thought the vonage clips were kinda funny. Until I saw the one with the rocket and the fire on the bed of the truck. If anyone knows who those people are they should be reported to the NAR. I saw a multitude of safety violations in that clip. One of the worst being an open "box" with motors in it so close to a pad. MY brother said they should label that add "How not to be safe at the launch site". Between this one and the exploding car one it really frosts my behind. Sorry gang just had to vent about this it has bothered me for several days.

Tweener
05-04-2005, 05:49 PM
I saw a multitude of safety violations in that clip. One of the worst being an open "box" with motors in it so close to a pad.
Their ad campaign is based on people doing stupid things, so maybe they should run one with a person who has their phone service and tries to call 911. (I understand it rings in to a regional office, and they can't automatically get your location or immediately dispatch local emergency crews / law enforcement.)

marslndr
05-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all of the commercials are staged.

I don't think any rocket could do what is shown in the add, for one thing the boost time is too long.

Mach

CPMcGraw
05-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all of the commercials are staged. I don't think any rocket could do what is shown in the add, for one thing the boost time is too long.

Mach

I tend to agree. When I listen to the commercial, I can hear three separate motors being fired, and there's too much time between the firings to be a three-stage model going off in sequence. There are at least three models involved -- the first one from the pad, and two additional rockets being fired in the direction of the "operator" from off-camera. :mad: :mad:

It's as bad as the other commercial, with the rocket heading up...then down...and exploding when it hits the man's car... :mad:

Craig...