PDA

View Full Version : Moldin' Oldies is Moving

Ltvscout
02-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Effective March 1, 2007, Moldin' Oldies will be temporarily closing its doors as it participates in a relocation. Because moves rarely go as cleanly as one would like, I am asking for your patience for the next 3 - 6 months. I will not be able to accept or fill any orders during this period. Not only is there a move to deal with, but I also intend to revise the Moldin' Oldies inventory during this period and you can expect some exciting surprises when Moldin' Oldies reopens later this year. I appreciate your patience during this transition period.

See you all again soon,

Mike Schmidt
Moldin' Oldies

Gus
02-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Best of luck with your move, Mike.

You produce first class products at great prices and your service has always been fantastic.

We'll look forward to your return, and the new products.

Leo
02-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Good luck Mike!

I can't wait to start building the Interceptor. Your products are first rate :)

moonzero2
02-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for letting us know. :)
I've been planning on ordering from you all the parts for the Interceptor once I got a couple of kits completed that are currently on my work bench. 6 months will be about rignt, so you better be back! It's people like you who make parts otherwise unobtainable that keeps the dream in all of us alive. Goof luck with you move.

timorley
12-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Anyone have any updates on the status of Moldin' Oldies move?

Ltvscout
12-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Anyone have any updates on the status of Moldin' Oldies move?
They're moved but are still in the process of getting back up to speed. You'll hear here first once they're back in operation again.

Thruster
12-15-2007, 08:21 AM
I tried to order the nose cone for my Viper project and they sent me an E-mail saying they're not up and running yet but keep checking back.

CPMcGraw
12-15-2007, 10:22 AM
I tried to order the nose cone for my Viper project and they sent me an E-mail saying they're not up and running yet but keep checking back.

If you're just needing to duplicate that Viper nose, take a basic BNC-50K from either SEMROC or BMS, and chop off that front section to match the images. That's essentially what Estes did to get that shape. It's just a modified PNC-50K.

Grab a couple of those BNC-50Ks and build a clone of the original K-25 Alpha while you're at it. You'll love the Alpha, basic as it is. It's a fun model to keep in your collection because it doesn't have all the "breakable bits" that a lot of other designs like to attach.

Thruster
12-15-2007, 10:28 AM
If you're just needing to duplicate that Viper nose, take a basic BNC-50K from either SEMROC or BMS, and chop off that front section to match the images. That's essentially what Estes did to get that shape. It's just a modified PNC-50K.
Thanks CPMgraw, I wish I knew that last night when I order all the parts I needed from Semroc. :( Semroc is a great site with great prices.

Ltvscout
12-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks CPMgraw, I wish I knew that last night when I order all the parts I needed from Semroc. :( Semroc is a great site with great prices.
If Sheryl hasn't shipped them yet send them a quick email asking them to add one to your order.

CPMcGraw
12-15-2007, 10:50 AM

Fear not, young grasshopper...

There will be other orders... :D

Thruster
12-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks LTvsout I was going to try that but than I thought (like Craig said) I am sure I forgot something and will be ordering again. :D
Thanks for the quick and helpful responces guys, this is a great forum. :) I'm sorry to let you know that I will probably be a fixture here as I will have a lot of questions. ;)

Are there any organizations I should know about and join, I'm a member of the AMA for the RC planes and heli's they have an insurance policy with membership.

Ltvscout
12-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Are there any organizations I should know about and join, I'm a member of the AMA for the RC planes and heli's they have an insurance policy with membership.
Our main organization is the NAR, National Association of Rocketry. Their website is found here:

http://www.nar.org

Membership gives you insurance and a subscription to the Sport Rocketry magazine.

Thruster
12-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks Scott thats what I'm looking for, it just like the AMA for RC aircraft, anyone here into RC?

Ltvscout
12-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks Scott thats what I'm looking for, it just like the AMA for RC aircraft, anyone here into RC?
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the NAR used to be under the AMA's insurance umbrella.

Thruster
12-15-2007, 12:04 PM
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the NAR used to be under the AMA's insurance umbrella.
I just checked the AMA site and they still cover Rocketry, but I think I will still join the NAR to help support the hobby.

CPMcGraw
12-15-2007, 01:00 PM

Surprise, surprise...

I'm AMA myself. Have been since about 1991.

Tau Zero
12-15-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm AMA myself. Have been since about 1991.*Dude!* You're the American *Medical* Association? :confused: ;) :D

So, can we call you "Doctor," and stuff?!? :cool:

--That would explain the white coat... :eek: :rolleyes:

Cheers,

CPMcGraw
12-16-2007, 12:49 AM
*Dude!* You're the American *Medical* Association? :confused: ;) :D

So, can we call you "Doctor," and stuff?!? :cool:

--That would explain the white coat... :eek: :rolleyes:

Cheers,

The Doctor would be fine...:D

I don't mind being associated with him...

'Course, these overly-long sleeves do get in the way... :rolleyes:

Tau Zero
12-16-2007, 01:18 AM
The Doctor would be fine...:D

I don't mind being associated with him...(zippy British accent) "You wouldn't happen to mean the young fellow below, would you?" ;) :cool:

'Course, these overly-long sleeves do get in the way... :rolleyes:Yes, *well*... :rolleyes:

Initiator001
12-16-2007, 03:37 PM
I just checked the AMA site and they still cover Rocketry, but I think I will still join the NAR to help support the hobby.

The AMA code does not cover HPR.

Bob