PDA

View Full Version : Estes Mercury Redstone Decal Question

JumpJet
04-28-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm pretty sure we mixed two different versions of the Redstone color scheme into one model.

I would like to get this figured out before we make a new large production run of the kits. Hey I guess the first production run kits are now collectable.

The booster has MR7 on it while the capsule says Liberty Bell 7, while the black checker board decal has the red trim in it.

If we left the red trim in the checker board and the MR7 on the booster do we then just need to remove the crack and Liberty Bell 7 from the capsule and replace this with the Word Freedom 7?

John Boren

Gus
04-28-2015, 04:36 PM
John,

I've attached two PDFs by Eric Te Groen of highly detailed versions of the Estes kit in MR7 and MR8 livery. Eric did these a number of years ago so as to make it possible to produce truly scale versions of the kits.

I'm thinking the 1921 should be MR-7 if you want to stay true to the numbering scheme. I've included an old copy of that decal as well.

Steve

ghrocketman
04-28-2015, 06:21 PM
GREAT info, Steve !!!
It's refreshing and equally great that people at Estes refer to this forum for info to correctly produce their kits.
Really glad Estes is once again owned by a real 'hobby' company; many thanks to John Boren.

stefanj
04-28-2015, 06:32 PM
Hah, Bill beat me to it. Really cool that we have members that can supply information like this toot-sweet.

I have an unbuilt Redstone from the last release, but I'm glad the kit was re-released. I hope the Atlas is also re-released.

And maybe a new Gemini Titan?

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Hah, Bill beat me to it.
:confused: