PDA

View Full Version : BT length for DEr Red Max

stantonjtroy
03-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi all, I'm looking to make a clone of Der Red Max for my son. It was one of my favorites as a kid and my son likes the 5" upscale I built sooo.....
I was able to get the fin pattern from Jim Z's but the original instructions don't give a length for the body tube. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks, Troy

duobob
03-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi
It's A BT-60HE and its 8.5" long. :)
Bob

CPMcGraw
03-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Hi all, I'm looking to make a clone of Der Red Max for my son. It was one of my favorites as a kid and my son likes the 5" upscale I built sooo.....
I was able to get the fin pattern from Jim Z's but the original instructions don't give a length for the body tube. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks, Troy

...And this is one of the few reasons to actually go out and buy a Screamin' Mimi, as it has the correct motor mount, and a proper nose cone... :D

Hobby Lobby has a 40% off internet coupon this week, so you might want to look here to begin with...

tbzep
03-09-2007, 08:25 PM

Thanks, Troy

If you give it a few weeks, Estes is releasing the Red Max again in 2007. Catalogs are out now, so the products shouldn't be too far behind.

barone
03-09-2007, 09:56 PM
...And this is one of the few reasons to actually go out and buy a Screamin' Mimi, as it has the correct motor mount, and a proper nose cone... :D

Hobby Lobby has a 40% off internet coupon this week, so you might want to look here to begin with...And....if your Hobby Lobby doesn't have the kit, check at Michaels. The Michaels here has them on clearance and, with a 40% off coupon from the paper, you can pick one up (at least here) for under $8. I've bought two so far and tomorrow I'll pick up another (if any are left). :rolleyes: But you can always hold out for the new release which we've been told has WATER SLIDE decals included. ;)

stantonjtroy
03-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Thank you all. I'll ckeck on all sugestions and see which option works out best.