PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Brad Delp, "Boston" lead singer

Tau Zero
03-12-2007, 08:24 PM
A distinctive voice is silenced.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/features/people/e3ie6cf1f33b544491f1c56f2dcd9660a84

http://www.bandboston.com/

http://www.barrygoudreau.com/

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Always heard that he was a good guy. I'm sure that will be said over and over in the course of the next couple of days, but in this case it was very likely true. :cool:

Ltvscout
03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
A distinctive voice is silenced.
One of my favorite bands. I didn't see them in their heyday, but did see them play at Alpine Valley in 1986. That's where my favorite guitarist, Stevie Ray Vaughn, died in a helicopter crash after a concert. I listen to Stevie Ray type of music at pandora.com all the time. In fact, it's on right now. ;)

Tau Zero
03-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Always heard that he was a good guy. ...in this case it was very likely true. :cool:I'm hoping to aspire to that.

There are worse epitaphs than, "One of the nicest guys you'd ever meet." :cool:

Cheers,

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm hoping to aspire to that.

There are worse epitaphs than, "One of the nicest guys you'd ever meet." :cool:

Cheers,

Very true. The essence of my Grandpa distilled in a sentence. As long as no one harps on the buildup on my annular radius, I could die happy. :eek:

SEL
03-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Always heard that he was a good guy. I'm sure that will be said over and over in the course of the next couple of days, but in this case it was very likely true. :cool:

Wow.....

He was a REALLY nice guy. 2 friends of mine from high school were/are in Beatlejuice - I met him several times. Very down to earth, no pretensions whatsoever. I'm sitting here stunned.

Sean

Tau Zero
03-12-2007, 10:16 PM
As long as no one harps on the buildup on my annular radius, I could die happy. :eek:Hey, we may *need* that particular buildup in that specific location on our next plane of existence. ;) :D :p

PASSENGER: "Excuse me, where will this Plane of Existence be landing?"

STEWARD(ESS): "In the State of Confusion."

PASSENGER: "Isn't that California? I thought my destination would be either Heaven or Hell!"

STEWARD(ESS): "You've never heard the Eagles' song 'Hotel California,' *have* you?" :eek: :rolleyes:

Rolling my eyes at myself,

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Wow.....

He was a REALLY nice guy. 2 friends of mine from high school were/are in Beatlejuice - I met him several times. Very down to earth, no pretensions whatsoever. I'm sitting here stunned.

Sean

Any idea how he had done from his Boston days? I always heard that Tom Scholz took a boatload of the money for the Boston projects and treated Delp as if he could be replaced at any moment. IMO, Delp's voice was every bit as integral to the Boston sound as Scholz's guitars and effects.

SEL
03-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Any idea how he had done from his Boston days? I always heard that Tom Scholz took a boatload of the money for the Boston projects and treated Delp as if he could be replaced at any moment. IMO, Delp's voice was every bit as integral to the Boston sound as Scholz's guitars and effects.

I had been to his house a couple of times - nice, not huge. Never really talked money with him, but he seemed to be doing all right. Never heard of any rift between Brad and Scholtz,
other than Tom being a bit eccentric., but that doesn't mean there wasn't.

Sean

tbzep
03-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Sholtz was also the producer and engineer for their albums so he would get his cut as a typical band member, then get the engineering and producing money also. That's only fair.

If he took the band's money and didn't split that portion evenly, that would be a different story.

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I had been to his house a couple of times - nice, not huge. Never really talked money with him, but he seemed to be doing all right. Never heard of any rift between Brad and Scholtz,
other than Tom being a bit eccentric., but that doesn't mean there wasn't.

Sean

I didn't hear from a reliable source. It was just talk, but I wondered if it might have some validity when Delp played a lesser role in some of the later Boston albums.