PDA

View Full Version : Something cool

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Last night while I was messing around with the old HP that I hooked up on my workbench I found something that I'd never noticed before. The software that my digital camera came with is still loaded on the HP, and while I was looking at it, I noticed that it had capability to work with the video that the camera can produce. It can make a frame by frame photo spread, and it can also re-orient the movies that I accidentally shot sideways. I haven't figured out how to download the movie stills as photographs, but I did make the movie of my original USS Atlantis Deux with the Flis Kits Deuce mount view correctly. :cool: The twin smoke trail makes the clip, IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUFc8ms4G_0
I'd REALLY like to figure out how to make the stills because you can watch my Cosmik Debris disassemble itself frame by frame. It's hard to watch, at least for me, but even I have to admit it's amusing. :rolleyes:

tbzep
03-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Maybe you should try launching in a breeze next time. :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-28-2007, 09:13 PM
No fear, baby. :rolleyes:

Daniel Runyon
03-28-2007, 10:49 PM
No fear, baby. :rolleyes:

With a field that size I wouldn't have any either! I'm going to HAVE to scout myself something up where I can loose my anxiety. I'm not even going to mention what we almost hit the other day... things could have gotten UGLY!

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-28-2007, 11:18 PM
With a field that size I wouldn't have any either! I'm going to HAVE to scout myself something up where I can loose my anxiety. I'm not even going to mention what we almost hit the other day... things could have gotten UGLY!

It's a nice field at the moment, but it's constantly shrinking. If things go the way the planners hope, we'll be flying modrocs exclusively, if at all. (Not a big deal to me, but things would get boring without all of the HP guys, and I occasionally like to turn up the wick.)

Daniel Runyon
03-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Dang... that's a serious shame... all these people letting money get in the way of some real good times!

I fly in a field right next to our local radio station (it's AM and plays southern gospel and has church services on Sunday) and it's the LAST field of any size that's left in "the city". All the rest is privately owned farmers fields and while I'm sure I could find someone that would let me, I really don't want to wade through plowed GA mud, nor do I want to have to look through cotton for my rockets! Unfortunately, the radio station field gets grown for hay every year so now that the grass is starting to grow we're going to have to start huntin.

RE: The Video!

That was a cool clip, BTW! As was the Flis coffee cup rocket at NARAM... I wish you'd post more of the after launch audio where the talkin cuts off after hearing that that's the happiest he'd ever seen you! Fun stuff!

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-28-2007, 11:56 PM
RE: The Video!

That was a cool clip, BTW! As was the Flis coffee cup rocket at NARAM... I wish you'd post more of the after launch audio where the talkin cuts off after hearing that that's the happiest he'd ever seen you! Fun stuff!

That's all there was to it. That's an extremely rare clip in that I don't think I do any talking. (Unlike the other videos I've posted. I hate the sound of my own voice.) I'm pretty sure all of the chatter you hear was from the others gathered around. I was working as an RSO the whole week and just stepped outside to film what I knew would be an interesting launch. My favorite part is "WELCOME TO NAR-RAM!" :D

JRThro
03-29-2007, 12:16 PM
That's all there was to it. That's an extremely rare clip in that I don't think I do any talking. (Unlike the other videos I've posted. I hate the sound of my own voice.) I'm pretty sure all of the chatter you hear was from the others gathered around. I was working as an RSO the whole week and just stepped outside to film what I knew would be an interesting launch. My favorite part is "WELCOME TO NAR-RAM!" :D
Bill, I guess that's an Ohio/Kentucky accent when you say, "Oh yeah, here we go for the road again," eh? It sounded just like you do in person, and speaking just for myself, I think you have a *fine* speaking voice.