PDA

View Full Version : RDC Catalog (1962) and Krueger Rocket Company Catalog

PhoenixGuy
04-28-2016, 07:58 PM
Attached are scanned copies of Rocket Development Corporation's Catalog No. 621 from 1962, RDC's 1963 supplemental pages to this catalog, the Krueger Rocket Company catalog from the mid-1960's and (perhaps somewhat off-topic) an American Telasco Ltd. (Jetex) brochure from 1961.

Enjoy!

mojo1986
04-29-2016, 07:11 AM
Wow! They make some pretty amazing claims for their Alto Ranger in the Kreuger catalog! Don't think I believe them........

tbzep
04-29-2016, 11:22 AM
Wow! They make some pretty amazing claims for their Alto Ranger in the Kreuger catalog! Don't think I believe them........
I built a nuclear bomb with a plastic protractor and a golf tee. Those claims are child's play for a fancy wooden protractor with a grooved sight!

astronwolf
04-29-2016, 11:50 AM
The drawings of their (Kreuger's) kits made me laugh. Reminded me of drawings of rockets I made as a child. The rocket glider even has fire coming out! OOOOoooo.... So cool.

I also had a chuckle over the "...specifically designed for trajectory study..." description of "ballistic recovery" for the Fireball-1. I wonder how the "special spring cushion device" worked to absorb "complete shock of impact." Boing. LOL

ghrocketman
04-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Those claims in that Kreuger catalog are ridiculous.
SPRING recovery ??? C'mon noww......BOINGGGGGG is right...what a fargin' JOKE.
This catalog should have been branded AJAX or ACME rocket company because it sure seems like they got their ideas/claims from Wile E. Coyote.

I think a more realistic rocketry catalog than Kreuger would come from KROGER grocery stores.

astronwolf
04-29-2016, 01:44 PM
I think a more realistic rocketry catalog than Kreuger would come from KROGER grocery stores.
So harsh... How much more of a realistic rocket catalog do you want than a real live rocket catalog from a real live rocket company?

I thought the catalog was cute.

L3Excalibur
04-29-2016, 03:17 PM
So harsh... How much more of a realistic rocket catalog do you want than a real live rocket catalog from a real live rocket company?

I thought the catalog was cute.

I agree with astronwolf. Remember that this is 1963. Estes is what - 2 years old? I think RDC and KRC were trying their best to be innovative. Now, whether or not they actually succeeded in that is a different question..... :chuckle:

JohnNGA
04-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Hey, Krueger did start a model rocket company, put out a product..and some of his motors are in the NASM. That's more than I can say, well for myself anyway.

LeeR
04-29-2016, 04:22 PM
I also had a chuckle over the "...specifically designed for trajectory study..." description of "ballistic recovery" for the Fireball-1. I wonder how the "special spring cushion device" worked to absorb "complete shock of impact." Boing. LOL

Apparently it "sort of" worked. It says it includes THREE nose cones. :)

I like the wild smoke trail on the cover, too.

rocket.aero
05-17-2016, 11:00 AM
While browsing through the Stine archives at the NASM last week, I stumbled across the attached letter from GHS concerning the Krueger Rocket Company. It hits upon many of the concerns with the firm's products noted earlier in this thread...

Enjoy,
James

Rocketaholic
05-25-2016, 02:44 PM
This is an interesting piece of rocket hobby history. Thank you for sharing :cool:

Gus
05-25-2016, 05:37 PM
While browsing through the Stine archives at the NASM last week, I stumbled across the attached letter from GHS concerning the Krueger Rocket Company. It hits upon many of the concerns with the firm's products noted earlier in this thread...

Enjoy,
James
Great find, James!