PDA

View Full Version : The New Rokitflite Kit

rokitflite
04-02-2007, 10:52 PM
For those of you who have not made it over to TRF, here is the dirt on my new kit!

Fake-Wulf FW-290 Specifications:

Skill level: 3
Length with rocket pod: 22”
Glider wingspan: 18”
Glider body diameter: 1.375”
Approximate finished weight: 2.9oz
Recommended motors: B4-2, B6-2, C6-3.

Kit Features:

Laser-cut parts
Resin cast detail parts
Instructions on CD in PDF format with TONS of photographs & extras
Full color water slide decals
Great looking packaging for the collector

Kit Price $28.

This kit should be available mid to late April. :D

rokitflite
04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
And some war time photos...

EchoVictor
04-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Scott,

Incredible once again! My compliments on your fantastic design abilities....

Later,
EV

barone
04-03-2007, 07:09 AM
For those of you who have not made it over to TRF, here is the dirt on my new kit!

Fake-Wulf FW-290 Specifications:

Skill level: 3
Length with rocket pod: 22”
Glider wingspan: 18”
Glider body diameter: 1.375”
Approximate finished weight: 2.9oz
Recommended motors: B4-2, B6-2, C6-3.

Kit Features:

Laser-cut parts
Resin cast detail parts
Instructions on CD in PDF format with TONS of photographs & extras
Full color water slide decals
Great looking packaging for the collector

Kit Price $28.

This kit should be available mid to late April. :DOkay....but how do we order?

rokitflite
04-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Basically by Paypal, check or money order... I will post exact details once the production kits are ready. ;)

Solomoriah
04-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Are you doing a website, then?

I'd love to help... 90% of model rocket business websites have "issues" I find really annoying, and I'd love to see one more that doesn't.

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-04-2007, 12:46 AM
I started on the Fake Wolf tonight, but was thwarted by the lack of a hole punch.
Because of this, I resolve to spend Wednesday night on the couch in the computer room, in my lucky Pink Panther underwear, building the rocket and watching the Reds beat the hell out of the Cubs.
That concludes this announcement. :cool: :D

Bob H
04-04-2007, 07:29 AM
I started on the Fake Wolf tonight, but was thwarted by the lack of a hole punch.
Because of this, I resolve to spend Wednesday night on the couch in the computer room, in my lucky Pink Panther underwear, building the rocket and watching the Reds beat the hell out of the Cubs.
That concludes this announcement. :cool: :DI started the Fake Wulf last night also.

Luckily for me, I already had a hole punch so I got all the pod sub assemblies done. This morning, after all the glue had dried, I finished the pod.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to paint the pod since the glider needs to slide easily on the pod tube.

rokitflite
04-04-2007, 11:35 PM
If you DON'T paint the pod you can always go back, sand it and do it later. I DO recommend the step where you are advised to soak the inside of the BT-21 with thin CA and sand it smooth!

JRThro
04-05-2007, 07:49 AM
If you DON'T paint the pod you can always go back, sand it and do it later. I DO recommend the step where you are advised to soak the inside of the BT-21 with thin CA and sand it smooth!
I'm planning not to paint the pod at this time, which will shock anyone who knows me.
:rolleyes:

rokitflite
04-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm planning not to paint the pod at this time, which will shock anyone who knows me.
:rolleyes:

Cowaahd! (Say in Arnold Scwartzenegger voice)

rokitflite
04-08-2007, 11:41 AM
A full view of the model with the pod in place...

pantherjon
04-11-2007, 11:41 AM
A full view of the model with the pod in place...

In the freshly plowed field with a hint of poo...:)

Anxiously awaiting news of when the production kits will be available ;)

mycrofte
05-24-2009, 05:45 AM
I found this picture as well. I didn't even realize it was a real plane at one time. Not exactly the same but I've seen it somewhere.

rokitflite
05-24-2009, 11:13 AM
I found this picture as well. I didn't even realize it was a real plane at one time. Not exactly the same but I've seen it somewhere.

I was actually trying for something with the same feel of the Nazi twin-engined plane from the first Indiana Jones movie... After making the Fake Wulf I discovered the "Luft 46" website and saw a couple of concept planes there that REALLY reminded me of my kit!

CPMcGraw
05-24-2009, 11:35 AM

Focke-Wulf Ta-183. Speculation has it the Russians grabbed prototypes of this design and plenty of documentation at the end of the war. Their MiG-15 and La-15 designs have many similarities. If you look at the wing planform, all three have the same (or very close) sweep angle.

Wiki entry for Ta-183 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Ta_183)

Wiki entry for Lavochkin La-15 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavochkin_La-15)

Wiki entry for Mig-15 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiG-15)

rkt2k1
05-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Here is one I think would make a great follow-up to the Fake Wulf.

BMW "Strahbomber" Jet Bomber concept.

I found it on the Secret Projects Forum web site. This is a great site for design ideas!

Secret Projects Forum (http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php)

... Bill