PDA

View Full Version : 50% Off Hobby Lobby Coupon

ShieldWolf
05-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Hobby Lobby has 50% off Model Rocket Kits with this coupon May 23-28.
http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/coupons/2005week22.gif

Print as many copies as you want and share them with your friends. AFTER you get yours, that is. ;) Don't forget to check back towards the end of the week. My Hobby Lobby tends to restock on Thursdays.

Randal

EchoVictor
05-25-2005, 11:42 AM
I printed out the coupon and headed to my local Lobby (Madison, WI) last night. Here's the score;

Estes Shuttle Express (#2183) @ $11.47 = $5.74

Estes Renegade (#2109) @ $14.68 = $7.34

Estes Outlander (#2110) @ $18.99 = $9.50

My total bill with our 5.5% sales tax was $23.80. What a score!

Thanks again for the info.

Later,
EV

ShieldWolf
05-25-2005, 12:32 PM
I picked up a Scissor Wing Transport. That's one of the models I lusted over as a kid, but never could raise the money for. :) I also picked up a Quest Tomahawk.

My big score was the Aerotech Initiator Starter set including launch pad and controller for $18.99! :D It started out at $189.99, and had been steadily getting discounted. I almost bought it for $69.99 a couple of weeks ago when they had the 40% off sale, but passed it up, and picked up a couple of BlastOff! packs instead.

I was looking at the models, when my wife said"Hey! That one's only $18.99."

I started to tell her that couldn't be right, but pulled it down off the top rack and discovered it WAS only $18.99. I didn't waste any time getting that to the register! 90% off! Wow!

Randal

CPMcGraw
05-25-2005, 08:47 PM
I printed out the coupon and headed to my local Lobby (Madison, WI) last night. Here's the score;

Estes Shuttle Express (#2183) @ $11.47 = $5.74

Estes Renegade (#2109) @ $14.68 = $7.34

Estes Outlander (#2110) @ $18.99 = $9.50

My total bill with our 5.5% sales tax was $23.80. What a score!

Thanks again for the info.

Later,
EV

The sales tax here in Mobile is 9%... :(

...11% if you eat in a restaurant... :( :(

Some guys have all the advantages... :rolleyes:

Craig...

Holaka
05-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Since the coupon did not specify flying models, I picked up one of the MRC/Atomic City 1/12 scale Mecury capsules. Maybe someday it will fly!

CPMcGraw
05-25-2005, 08:54 PM
I picked up a Scissor Wing Transport. That's one of the models I lusted over as a kid, but never could raise the money for.

I'm doing my browsing Friday. Maybe they've got a few of those X-Prize non-contestants in stock. I've started seeing the "Launchables" SSO, Gauchito, and Lucky Seven at Wal Mart now, so hopefully HL has started stocking up. Just my luck, they'll probably have them stuck up in the baskets above the aisles where no one can see them...

The local store has had some kits up there so long, they've grown beards and developed language skills... :D

Craig

ShieldWolf
05-26-2005, 07:12 AM
The local store has had some kits up there so long, they've grown beards and developed language skills... :D

Craig

Now THAT would be cool! :D Hey, check and see if they have a Moondog for Tweener.

Randal

Tweener
05-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Now THAT would be cool! :D Hey, check and see if they have a Moondog for Tweener.

Thanks for considering that Randal; this forum really has a lot of great members! :D :D :D

(I know it's an RTF, but it's way better looking than the Mini Meanie and you can't get that kind of shape with a BT. :cool: )

ShieldWolf
05-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks for considering that Randal; this forum really has a lot of great members! :D :D :D

(I know it's an RTF, but it's way better looking than the Mini Meanie and you can't get that kind of shape with a BT. :cool: )

No problem. I've already checked my local Hobby Lobby and Hobby Town and both WalMarts. There's one other hobby shop out by the airport I still need to check, but he deals mostly with RC airplanes.

Yeah, some of the RTF stuff is just about impossible to clone and pretty cool. I know I would miss my Mini Mars Lander if something happened to it. :(

Randal

CPMcGraw
05-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Did my shopping today, and came away with a good stash of new models...

From Quest, I picked up a Full Moon and a Payloader One. Spotted one of their Tomahawk kits, but didn't bite. Same components as the Big Betty, just different fins. Maybe a tailcone, but not enough to tempt me...

From Estes, I picked up three of the X-Prize DNFs -- Gauchito, Lucky Seven, and Thunderstar. I saw the Rubicon, Canadian Arrow, and the Eagle but got a little bummed out when I saw how much plastic was needed to get all of those fiddly bits included. Someone suggested upgrading the Rubicon to composite power; I think it needs more than a D, for sure. The package says it gets 350' on a D12. That may not be too shabby, though, considering it's got a body tube about like the SatV lower section.

Also picked up the 'new' Estes Swing Wing Transport, SR-71 Blackbird, and another Screamin' Mimi for future bashing.

Add a pack of B6-2 motors (full price) and my bill came to just a few pennies under $60. About $55 of that was models and motors, the rest was tax...

Craig McGraw

CPMcGraw
05-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Did my shopping today, and came away with a good stash of new models...

Oh, also spotted a bunch of kits in no less than 5 bushel baskets at the top of the aisle, but no one was around to grab a ladder. Saw a bunch of Mercury-Redstones and some additional X-Prize kits, maybe a few Quest kits, but couldn't tell what might have been down deeper inside them. These were young, didn't have any beards, but they had already developed vocal chords and were crying like babies wanting attention... :rolleyes:

Didn't see a Moondog, though. I know they didn't have one before in those baskets, and if this is an OOP model, they probably didn't now...

...Though I did see ONE of Doug H's Swinger kits in the "Fun Rockets" box. Only one. It had been there a while... :o

Craig...

CPMcGraw
07-08-2005, 10:01 PM
I managed to get over to the local HL today, and looked through what they had left...

The rocketry area looks like the aftermath of Ivan, lots of 'stuff' hanging around, but nothing of compelling interest. :(

No Screaming Mimi's at all, no CCX's, not even an Alpha or an Astra. :confused: I saw a couple of the SWT's, but nothing that really caught my kitbasher's eye. I 'needed' another SM and could have found a use for another CCX. The kits were located in two places this time, one location on a regular stock board, the other on the end of a nearby row along the main corridor. Seems like the selection is getting thinner and thinner each time I go there. :mad:

Does anyone else see a trend in the Quest kits being little more than over-recycled old designs transformed into supposedly new kits? And mostly quick-builds and EZ's? :confused:

THANK YOU SEMROC for having REAL kits! :D

What did I get? Just three kits this time -- a Baby Bertha, for a possible Goon conversion, an X-Prize Eagle, and an X-prize Rubicon. I figure I'll have a few hours over the next couple of days to work on something... :eek:

Should have stocked up on the Baby Bertha's, I think... :rolleyes:

Craig McGraw

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-09-2005, 04:28 AM
What did I get? Just three kits this time -- a Baby Bertha, for a possible Goon conversion, an X-Prize Eagle, and an X-prize Rubicon. I figure I'll have a few hours over the next couple of days to work on something... :eek:

Should have stocked up on the Baby Bertha's, I think... :rolleyes:

Craig McGraw

Which Goon are you thinking about? The Goonydent is next for me. I might get the Gonnybird Zero off the ground this weekend if my local flyin' bud calls. I think he occasionally appears here as Patriot Patty or something like that. :eek:
I hit the Eastgate HL the other day and picked up two Mimi's. That's a great kit for bashing and my funds are about to be diverted elsewhere. Maria has new house fever. :eek: :eek: :D

CPMcGraw
07-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Which Goon are you thinking about? The Goonydent is next for me. I might get the Gonnybird Zero off the ground this weekend if my local flyin' bud calls. I think he occasionally appears here as Patriot Patty or something like that. :eek:
I hit the Eastgate HL the other day and picked up two Mimi's. That's a great kit for bashing and my funds are about to be diverted elsewhere. Maria has new house fever. :eek: :eek: :D

Right now, I haven't decided on which goon, just that I want to do one. I'm leaning toward one of the original goons, like Zoom Broom, but my final choice could be any one of them...

If you were into model trains, you would call it "Shopping for a basement with an attached house to keep the rain out..." :cool:

There's about to be some choice land available down here in Mobile and Baldwin Counties; a landscaping engineer named Dennis is about to rearrange the configuration of all the subdivisions and mobile home parks, and of course, he'll leave behind that "fresh breeze fragrance"... :D :eek:

Craig

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-09-2005, 10:07 AM
You mean "Dennis The Menace" :rolleyes: . I wonder if Vegas was giving odds on which news outlet would be the first to dust off that turd?
If you're going with the traditional Goony, think about the Star Snoop. I think it's the only complete plan on JimZ's site (that isn't a bunny.) Come to think of it, I need to do a 1:1 of the Snoop also.
Keep your head down and good luck.

CPMcGraw
07-09-2005, 11:08 AM
You mean "Dennis The Menace" :rolleyes: . I wonder if Vegas was giving odds on which news outlet would be the first to dust off that turd?

The local stations have already been doing that. I don't know which one said it first, but I think they've all said it...

If you're going with the traditional Goony, think about the Star Snoop. I think it's the only complete plan on JimZ's site (that isn't a bunny.) Come to think of it, I need to do a 1:1 of the Snoop also.

That eyeball decal is the killer for the Snoop. I'd need to work that part out before tackling the model. I like the Goonydent, too.

I wonder what a Goony OT or a Goony SWT might look like? Curious...

Keep your head down and good luck.

Thanks. Projections are slowly inching toward the ALA-FLA state line, which would put us on the backside of the storm. I'll take a storm's backside any day compared to a head-on collision! I've got six cases of Aquafina and a bunch of cans of Bush's Beans in the pantry, and I know how to use 'em! Watch that hurricane lamp, Maw! Don't git it too close! :D

Craig

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-09-2005, 11:13 AM
That eyeball decal is the killer for the Snoop. I'd need to work that part out before tackling the model.

Craig

It's not a decal. Just paint the cone black, then mask off the tip with a piece of scrap BT-20 and spray the blue. Then mask everything off with a piece of scrap BT-50 and spray it all white. Add some "red-eye" with a paint pen and VIOLIN, you're a goon! ;)

Nuke Rocketeer
07-09-2005, 11:54 AM
I've got six cases of Aquafina and a bunch of cans of Bush's Beans in the pantry, and I know how to use 'em! Watch that hurricane lamp, Maw! Don't git it too close! :D

Craig

Whew! Hope everyone has a gas mask handy in the storm shelter!