PDA

View Full Version : May 12th MARS launch , Geneseo NY

Green Dragon
05-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, finally got out to burn a few this weekend :)

( and actually met one of our own YORF members, Dave ? , but my swiss-cheese brain forgot already the user name, lol... my bad.... blame it on the heat ? )

Anyways - long-awaited baptism-by-fire of the Enerjet 2250 clone ( photo below, but no launch shots, sorry ).
Trio of Estes E9-6 was picture perfect, straight up boost and perfect reciovery a LONG ways away ....... gbut worth the long walk for sure, as it recovered perfect on an Estes/NCR 18" chute :)

Also flew my Estes Dark Star - having my fiorst ever cato of an RMS motor - D9-7 ejected early ( blowby ?) and fire out top burnt the tube / motor mount quite well, so not sure if I will retire or repair, knowing me, retire for 5-10 years, then repair, lol :D

FInal flight of mine was the also-long-awaited return of my finally repaired LOC KIng VIper 3 .... triple Ellis Mountain I230 was just perfect, as all lit INSTANTLY and it boosted smoothly to 4397 ft. with good recovery, although hiyt slightly hard on a tangled main chute ( no damage ) .

others did not get to fly due to wind and time constaints, but had just in case (Maxi Streak, Omega, Centuri Thunderbird, Viginlante, Ace Mini-Allegro ).

quite a few classics present, although only a few flown that I recall ( MAxi ALpha 3 with FIrefly glider, Andromeda, BT60 upscale Scamp, Goblin, not sure what else actually went up, but a good showing of vintage and modern birds )

~ AL