PDA

View Full Version : New Releases?

Ltvscout
05-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Carl,

Anything new going to be unveiled at NSL?

sandman
05-25-2007, 10:55 AM
OH YEA!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

And a few Pershing 1a nose cones as well as some other stuff. ;)

Mark II
05-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Carl,

Anything new going to be unveiled at NSL?
From the Semroc homepage:

"New Releases at NSL2007!"

"The Semroc Oso™ and Semroc VF-261™ will be released at NSL 2007. A limited number of each will be available at Muncie this weekend and online shipping will begin June 4, 2007."

WHOAA! :)

"The Semroc Retro-Repro Oso™ is based on a popular model released by Flight Systems, Inc. in 1967. It features an improved ejection baffle that reduces the need for recovery wadding. The Oso™ has a large payload section and improved 18mm engine mount. The Semroc Oso™ is over two feet tall. Featuring laser-cut fins and rings, the Oso™ is easily built by beginners. The Semroc Oso™ is available online for $17.50 and at a growing number of hobby stores. "

YESSS!!! BRILLIANT!!! WOO-HOOO!!! :D :D :D [FIST-PUMP IN AIR][FIST-PUMP IN AIR]

"The Semroc VF-261™ is a flying model based on an early drawing from 1961 by Vern Estes that was inspired by a screen still from the movie, Destination Moon produced in 1950. The VF-261™ looks like many of the fantasy rockets before space flight became a reality. The VF-261™ uses a pre-drilled balsa nose cone and pre-drilled balsa tail cone. It uses laser-cut balsa fins for ease of construction. The Semroc VF-261™ is available online for $18.50 and at a growing number of hobby shops. "

SO, SO, SO COOL!!

I'm not familiar with the Vern Estes drawing, of course, but I have seen recreations of the Luna spaceship from Destination: Moon. I have always thought that it would make a great kit, and wondered why no one had ever tried to produce one. I had even been thinking of scratch-building one myself, and had recently started feeding my piggy a little each week so that I could eventually buy The Spaceship Handbook and get the design.

But now I can have a Luna right away. Talk about your instant gratification! :D

Is this a great time to be a BAR, or what?

Mark

Mark II
05-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Let's see, now. By my count, the (officially announced) Semroc Astronautics Corporation model kit number count is now up to 51. I have just one word for that:

Wow!

Mark

P.S.: Way to go, guys! Bravo!

<sounds of cheering> <standing ovation> <confetti> <balloons>

dwmzmm
05-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Carl, glad to see you got the FSI OSO kit available! One change I would make on it (just a
suggestion) is to offer the kit "E" capable (Estes E9) with an adapter for 18 mm flights. That's what I'm going to do to my vintage FSI OSO that got 75% destroyed late last year
when I used one of my F7-6 for the NAR OOP motor testing program.

Keep up the great work!!

Tau Zero
05-31-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm not familiar with the Vern Estes drawing, of course, but I have seen recreations of the Luna spaceship from Destination: Moon. I have always thought that it would make a great kit, and wondered why no one had ever tried to produce one.And... here ya go:

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rockets/catalogs/estes261/261estcov.html

Cheers,

Mark II
06-01-2007, 06:48 PM
And... here ya go:

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rockets/catalogs/estes261/261estcov.html

Cheers,
Ok, so I guess I have seen it before, on that site - just didn't make the connection. What a great inspiration for a kit.

BTW, when are we going to see that TZ kit? ;)

Mark

Tau Zero
06-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Ok, so I guess I have seen it before, on that site - just didn't make the connection. What a great inspiration for a kit.What's ironic is that *I* didn't recognize it as the ship from "Destination: Moon." :o (Apparently I don't get out enough.)

BTW, when are we going to see that TZ kit? ;)Uh, yeah, Mark that would be... sometime before the heat death of the universe. :eek: :rolleyes: :o ;) :D

Cheers,

Mark II
06-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Uh, yeah, Mark that would be... sometime before the heat death of the universe. :eek: :rolleyes: :o ;) :D
... and then you have to factor in the shipping time on top of that! :rolleyes:

Hmmm, is it too early to put in my order, then? ;)

Mark

P.S.: But wait, I haven't gotten all of the current Semroc kits yet.