dwmzmm
06-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Pics at link that follows:

http://www.challenger498.org/gallery/album31?page=1

Enjoy!

Zeus-cat
06-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Nice photos.

In picture 15 where the little girl is hooking up the rocket, is that a heavy duty extension cord? I always wondered about using one instead of gpong to the hardware store and buying wire.

dwmzmm
06-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Nice photos.

In picture 15 where the little girl is hooking up the rocket, is that a heavy duty extension cord? I always wondered about using one instead of gpong to the hardware store and buying wire.

Thanks, Zeus-cat. I believe you're referring to picture 14 (the one of the Estes Citation
Patriot); that's my daughter, Zareena. The wiring is the heavy duty extension cord; I got
it from the Dollar Store (three 25', to be exact) to use with the QuickBurst NOVA Launch
Controller. By using segmented extensions, I can set my pads up from 25' to more than
100' as dictated by our launching requirements (needed the 100' distance when doing the
NAR OOP motor testing program last year)...

Zeus-cat
06-25-2007, 07:59 PM
dwmzmm,

Your daughter is a real cutie. It looks like she is part of your recovery crew. :)

dwmzmm
06-25-2007, 09:49 PM
dwmzmm,

Your daughter is a real cutie. It looks like she is part of your recovery crew. :)

Thanks, Zeus-cat. I would say she was part of my "launch crew," I did most of the recovery
when the models landed in the tall grass. She did help me recover my Squirrel Works Gremlin. She's also featured in my product review of Hawks Hobby Super Mark in the EMRR:

http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/kits/hh_super_mark.html

Scroll down a bit and you'll see her hooking the microclips to the igniter...

dwmzmm
06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Talking about daughters being with their dad at launches, here's one of my favorites at the
same launch at Rushing Park 06-10-07; this is Shawn Miller with his little girl helping to check
the continuity of his model on the pad: