PDA

View Full Version : Launch Pad Kit Collectors????

Chris_Timm
07-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Anyone collecting them?

James Pierson
07-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I gave up on kit collecting for pocketbook reasons :o a few years ago, however I do love the Launch Pad kits. Also I have built the Maverick, Simitar, Sea Wolf, and a couple others. The one I am saving is the Krypton because its a skill level 5 :eek: and I am not ready for that yet ;) . I do believe that these kits are well worth collecting, but the market for them for now seems to be small. In a few years who knows?

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Chris_Timm
07-07-2007, 10:39 PM
I just wondered as the more serious collectors get excited when kit packaging changes over time. I have some early issue LP kits with the black ink/one color paper header cards.
Later they switched to multi-color pics.
A colorized package hanging on a peg looks better and sells faster than a generic black & single color paper version.

moonzero2
07-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Personally I would like to see someone get all the LP plans and put them on the internet for all of us to download and clone. Maybe Jimz or even this site, "Ye Ole Rocket Shop".
I'll help by donating what kit plans I have. Then maybe "Excelsor Rocketry" could come up with the decals? Anyone else interested?

Chris_Timm
07-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Personally I would like to see someone get all the LP plans and put them on the internet for all of us to download and clone.

Common courtesy requires permission from Chuck before doing so.

That being said, working up decals for them is a worthy project for someone with time to spare.

Ltvscout
07-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Personally I would like to see someone get all the LP plans and put them on the internet for all of us to download and clone. Maybe Jimz or even this site, "Ye Ole Rocket Shop".
I'll help by donating what kit plans I have. Then maybe "Excelsor Rocketry" could come up with the decals? Anyone else interested?
I'd have to get permission from Chuck first. Did TLP close up shop? Manufacturers usually don't like current kit plans being put online.

LanceS
07-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Anyone collecting them?

I have been trying to collect all I can of them, so far I have twelve!

ScaleNut
07-10-2007, 07:46 PM
I just wondered as the more serious collectors get excited when kit packaging changes over time. I have some early issue LP kits with the black ink/one color paper header cards.
Later they switched to multi-color pics.
A colorized package hanging on a peg looks better and sells faster than a generic black & single color paper version.

they also added the term "midpower" after the change. although they are still simply model rockets, nothing more.

I have close to 30.. the rest are basically 3(or 4) FN . so it's hard for me not to just clone my own of the remainder. I also have 3 of the plan paks.

what models do you have in the monocolor type packaging?

Chris_Timm
07-11-2007, 10:57 AM
I have close to 30.. the rest are basically 3(or 4) FN . so it's hard for me not to just clone my own of the remainder. I also have 3 of the plan paks.
what models do you have in the monocolor type packaging?

I started with all of them back in '96, so all of them were the monocolor header cards.

I built the Seawolf (then crashed on first flight).
I built the Lance (stuck in tree on first flight).
I started on the Gabriel.
I built the Hellfire.
I gave away the Indigo as a gift.
Then I started replacing the misisng ones with newer versions as well as the new models as they came out.

Which plan paks do you have?
I have the Guideline, Hercules,SCUD, Standard Missile (2-stager),Bullpup, and a Soviet A-A missile pak.

pantherjon
07-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I have an unbuilt PAC-3..It has the multicolor header card(thats the card inside the bag with a picture of the rocket,yes?):)