PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the old way or "new" way of viewing images?

Ltvscout
07-10-2007, 09:50 PM
I want to know what the majority wants. I'll either leave it with the image opening in a new window as some have asked for, or, I'll switch it back to the way it was with the image opening in the same window, depending on the vote outcome.

rocketguy101
07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
I like this better. thanks Scott! :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Does a rat have buttocks? :confused:

sandman
07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't really understand. :confused:

It always worked OK for me.

If I wanted an attachment to open in a new window I just right clicked on it and hit the "Open in new window" thingy.

Was that too technical? :rolleyes:

Ltvscout
07-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Does a rat have buttocks? :confused:
Back in the early 80's when I was going to MSOE, an Iraqi who didn't have a strong grasp of the English language was upset with one of the professors for a grade he got. As he was yelling at the prof one of the things he said was, "I don't give a rodents buttocks." Either he didn't like to swear, or, he didn't know how to say, "I don't give a rats ass." It was hilarious hearing him say that with his accent and all. You had to be there. ;)

Carl@Semroc
07-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Does a rat have buttocks? :confused:I think Scott was using the formal Latin "rodent's buttocks" for the Street Slang "rat's patootie."

Ltvscout
07-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I think Scott was using the formal Latin "rodent's buttocks" for the Street Slang "rat's patootie."
Yup. My explanation was posted at the same time you posted your reply. ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-10-2007, 10:31 PM
I think Scott was using the formal Latin "rodent's buttocks" for the Street Slang "rat's patootie."

Neither of you answered my question. I know it has a rear end, because that's where the tail is connected, but buttocks are a horse of a different color. :rolleyes: :D

Tau Zero
07-10-2007, 10:38 PM
I want to know what the majority wants. I'll either leave it with the image opening in a new window as some have asked for, or, I'll switch it back to the way it was with the image opening in the same window, depending on the vote outcome.I've been using (Mozilla) Firefox for several months now, so I didn't see a difference (since Firefox opens the images in a new window or "tab" anyway).

--On the other hand, I *am* too broke to pay attention. :eek: :o

Cheers,

JRThro
07-11-2007, 07:56 AM
I've been using (Mozilla) Firefox for several months now, so I didn't see a difference (since Firefox opens the images in a new window or "tab" anyway).

--On the other hand, I *am* too broke to pay attention. :eek: :o

Cheers,
Jay, then you and I must have something set differently in our Firefoxes, because now attachments open in a new tab, whereas before they opened in the current tab, replacing the current thread until I hit the back arrow to return to reading the thread, and yes, I am deliberately running this sentence on and on.

Also, thanks, Scott!

Shreadvector
07-11-2007, 09:13 AM
I would have corrected him, since he did not understand the correct expression. The correct expression is NOT "I don't give a rat's @$$". Think about it. The expression is supposed to convey that your level of caring is extremely miniscule. The correct expression is: "I don't give two $#!+s in a rat's @$$". Those two small pellets are the level of caring - very, very small.

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/care.html

Back in the early 80's when I was going to MSOE, an Iraqi who didn't have a strong grasp of the English language was upset with one of the professors for a grade he got. As he was yelling at the prof one of the things he said was, "I don't give a rodents buttocks." Either he didn't like to swear, or, he didn't know how to say, "I don't give a rats ass." It was hilarious hearing him say that with his accent and all. You had to be there. ;)

Tau Zero
07-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Jay, then you and I must have something set differently in our Firefoxes,Yes, well, you know how it's always *something* different with me, so this is *apparently* no exception. :rolleyes:

because now attachments open in a new tab, whereas before they opened in the current tab, replacing the current thread until I hit the back arrow to return to reading the thread,And I can't begin to tell you *where* the setting variance is, other than "it's in there *somewhere.* :confused: :eek:

and yes, I am deliberately running this sentence on and on.Unfortunately you were *much* more awake than I am just now, because otherwise I could probably drone on and on like Michael McDonald impersonating John Kerry on MAD TV: "I'm a war hero, and I did terrible things in the war, because I was in the war, and I'm a war hero, but I wasn't proud of the things that I did... in the war..." :rolleyes:

(BTW, John Kerry still owes me five hours of my life, since I wasted that time waiting for him to show up well *after* he said he was going to be there... :mad: ;) :p )

Cheers,

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-12-2007, 12:19 AM
(BTW, John Kerry still owes me five hours of my life, since I wasted that time waiting for him to show up well *after* he said he was going to be there... :mad: ;) :p )

Yeah, but look where it got him. ;)

snaquin
07-13-2007, 07:31 PM
I have been using Mozilla Firefox for a good while now so I don't really remember surfing without a tabbed browsing option.

My Firefox install by default has the option "new pages should be opened in a new tab" checked but you can also choose to "open in a new window".

I really like being able to just click the close tab "x" to return to the previous window. It's the only way to surf ...... ;)

(but really, I don't give a rodents buttocks!)