PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Museum Of Flight

johnnwwa
07-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi All
Visited Boeing Museum of Flight last weekend . I wanted to check out the new Space wing added last month. The link below will take you to almost 60 photos. Included is G. Harry Stine and Homer Hickam Jr. photos . If you are in Seattle area or just visiting make sure you plan to see the museum, well worth it.

http://www.putfile.com/johnnwwa/

BAR
John

LeeR
07-18-2007, 09:17 PM
John,

Thanks for links to your pictures. I was planning to go to Seattle this week with a friend to see Rush, and this would have been a great daytime activity before the concert. I met Homer Hickam at a trade show a couple years ago. He was a guest speaker. I had just read his books. He is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet. I told him I grew up flying rockets, but not quite as adveturous as he. He signed my card "To a Fellow Rocket Boy ... Homer Hickam"

Pretty damned cool!

Initiator001
07-18-2007, 10:37 PM
This museum is on my list to be visited by me, someday. ;)

How much is there to see? Would a one-day visit be enough or would it take longer to see everything? I spent only a day at the Dulles Smithsonian Air/Space Museum annex at the end of May and wish I could have spent another day (Or two). :D

Bob

johnnwwa
07-18-2007, 11:12 PM

How much is there to see? Would a one-day visit be enough or would it take longer to see everything? I spent only a day at the Dulles Smithsonian Air/Space Museum annex at the end of May and wish I could have spent another day (Or two). :D

Bob

Bob
I spent about three hours at the museum and I wished it had been six hours . Just too much to see and do .

John

Royatl
07-19-2007, 12:36 AM

Bob

heh, I was there in December 1990, but from the pictures, they've added a few items, but it hasn't changed that much. I spent about three hours there on a rainy afternoon. I liked it a bit more than the Air and Space (but I haven't been to Dulles), mainly because I seemed to be able to get closer to the artifacts, about like the museum at Huntville. It was also less busy.