PDA

View Full Version : New Estes Kit Flyer

Ltvscout
08-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Here are scans of the flyer that Estes has for their new 2007 releases, some of which we have yet to see.

CPMcGraw
08-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Here are scans of the flyer that Estes has for their new 2007 releases, some of which we have yet to see.

Has anyone else noticed the grammar used in the text of the Tomahawk?

"Be apart of NASA history!..."

The same way, I suppose, Estes is "apart of model rocketry..." :D

foose4string
08-02-2007, 05:20 PM

Good one Craig! :D :p

cas2047
08-02-2007, 05:36 PM

Grammar is one of those things that has taken a beating over the last 10-15 years. I'm not sure what teachers are focusing on these days but it doesn't seem to be on reading, writing and arithmetic. :rolleyes:

On a side note I hope I spelled everything right in this post. ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Grammar is one of those things that has taken a beating over the last 10-15 years. I'm not sure what teachers are focusing on these days but it doesn't seem to be on reading, writing and arithmetic. :rolleyes:

"A Rat In Tom's House Might Eat Tom's Ice Cream".
Yeah, you're fine.

cas2047
08-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah, you're fine.

Well that covers arithmetic anyway... ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Well that covers arithmetic anyway... ;)

One of my friends in college sent his resume out to 50 of his "best chance" companies with one of his majors spelled "mathmatics". Oddly enough he never heard from any of the companies. :eek:

Ltvscout
08-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah, you're fine.
Wow, you had a funny way of learning phonics!

LeeR
08-03-2007, 12:00 AM

My daughter just finished her 2nd year as a middle school English teacher in Aurora, a Denver suburb. It is a pretty tough environment, with nearly 100% minority student base. She was told her first year that she could not teach grammar, and spelling tests were frowned upon. (Huh?!)

She did what I thought was incredible -- decided not to complain, but just ignore the rules and teach the way she wanted. She was so successful with improving her students skills (and some of them had really poor to non-existent English skills anyway) that the principal asked her to move up a grade level and keep her kids for a second year.

Sometimes I see a glimmer of hope shine thru that seems to indicate we aren't totally doomed -- yet. :)