PDA

View Full Version : Der Red Max Finally Available

cas2047
08-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I went out to Tower Hobby today to make an engine order and found that the Estes Der Red Max is available now.

Instead of ordering engines I also ordered two Red Max kits and two D-Region Tomahawk kits. The logic is undeniable... right... :rolleyes:

CJU
08-08-2007, 11:05 AM
My local shop has about 8 kits left. (After I picked one up, of course) :D

cas2047
08-08-2007, 05:27 PM
I heard that the original nose cone decal (X882) was left off of the new decal sheet. It's probably just me but I don't understand how one of the original decals is left off of the re-issue. I doubt it was intentional but geez... :rolleyes:

scigs30
08-08-2007, 08:59 PM
That is true for some reason Estes forgot to add that decal. I have an Alps printer so I might add one, have not decided yet. I was supprised to see that Estes is still using short shock cords, but oh well. I really like the black nose and new parachute. I do not have experience with the new Estes Shroud lines, but they look "Fuzzy". I have a couple of old Estes Spools so I might swap out the lines. Also my white body tube was out of round so I used the brown tube. All and all a great kit I have 6 now. I can't believe that the Interceptor on Ebay is going for 80.00

pantherjon
08-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Holy &^%$! I am more then happy to wait til 'regular' retailers get their supply of Interceptors.Either BRS or Tower Hobby..Ordered a Der Red Max (1 each) from both Tower and BRS yesterday :) Brian of BRS has already shipped, and I think Tower is shipping tomorrow! :D One I will paint the 'stock' color red..Other one I am going to go a bit different..Been thinking a Candy Apple Red Pearl..Or maybe even the DupliColor Mirage..All I know is, it will be different! ;)

gpoehlein
08-09-2007, 07:40 PM
I checked last night, and our local Hobby Lobby does not have the Red Max. Don't know if they will carry it (there is no space for it, but that doesn't mean anything). I saw a stocking sheet a couple months ago that someone had left sitting in the rocket isle and looked down the list - they are supposed to be carrying the new Astrovision when it comes out. (There's one that begs for a 40% off web coupon! :D )

Greg

cas2047
08-09-2007, 08:14 PM
I checked last night, and our local Hobby Lobby does not have the Red Max. Don't know if they will carry it (there is no space for it, but that doesn't mean anything). I saw a stocking sheet a couple months ago that someone had left sitting in the rocket isle and looked down the list - they are supposed to be carrying the new Astrovision when it comes out. (There's one that begs for a 40% off web coupon! :D )

Greg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm envious of all of you who are able to do the Hobby Lobby 40% off thing. We just don't have Hobby Lobby here in New England.

I was on business in Charlotte NC a month ago and on the way to a meeting I looked out the car window and there it was, a Hobby Lobby!

I actually planned to stop by on the way back to the Hotel but things just got too busy. I wonder if the Airline folks would have had anything to say if I showed up with a bunch of model rockes trying to get onto an airplane? I mean they get excited about mouthwash so you never know... :rolleyes: