PDA

View Full Version : Pictures and posts

K.M.Knox
08-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I put pictures in my post from photobucket.com and also see there is a ability to attach pictures to posts. Maybe I missed this somewhere here but are there size limits to attached pictures? Photobucket limits it to 1024x768 for free users. Without throwing up threads with pictures to play with it I figured I would ask.

pantherjon
08-20-2007, 01:04 AM
'Attached' pictures-pictures you upload to YORF's server- there is a 100kb size limitation..File can be no bigger then that..As far as 'hot linking' or inserting a picture from photobucket there isn't, except for the NUMBER of pictures per message - I believe it is 3 or 4..

K.M.Knox
08-20-2007, 07:00 AM
So I would guess by doing the little extra owrk of creating thumbnails and linking to Photobucket pays off becuase the pictures should be a little better in detail... Thanks for the info.

CPMcGraw
08-20-2007, 08:51 AM
'Attached' pictures-pictures you upload to YORF's server- there is a 100kb size limitation..File can be no bigger then that..As far as 'hot linking' or inserting a picture from photobucket there isn't, except for the NUMBER of pictures per message - I believe it is 3 or 4..

Jon,

Actually, unless Scott has changed the settings, you have a max number of 10 linked images, which is the same as the number of attached images you're allowed. I think you're allowed a total of ten, in any combination (linked and attached), but the total cannot exceed ten.

Ltvscout
08-20-2007, 09:02 AM
That is the correct number, 10.

pantherjon
08-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info..10 linked pictures on the way...j/k :p