PDA

View Full Version : Semroc Made My Day

Solomoriah
08-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I said:
The streamer in my ThunderBee proved inadequate to slow the rocket's descent, and it broke a fin on its first flight. How do I go about getting a replacement fin set? Is that covered under any sort of warranty?

Sheryl said:
Sorry about the broken fin. Am sending you another fin set, streamer, and chute in case you want to change to a chute.

I don't think you can provide better customer service than that (unless they send a repairman to actually install the fin...)

:D

foose4string
08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Kudos to Semroc! But warranty for recovery related damage? I personally wouldn't feel comfortable asking in this situation. Didn't the original ThunderHawk come with streamer recovery? I don't think Semroc is not in the business of trying to upgrade every kit, but rather trying to offer faithful reproductions of the originals, save the Kevlar leaders and balsa cones in some instances.

Carl@Semroc
08-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Kudos to Semroc! But warranty for recovery related damage? I personally wouldn't feel comfortable asking in this situation. Didn't the original ThunderHawk come with streamer recovery? I don't think Semroc is not in the business of trying to upgrade every kit, but rather trying to offer faithful reproductions of the originals, save the Kevlar leaders and balsa cones in some instances.Thanks!

Sheryl really believes in our 100% satisfaction guarantee. She understands that it is an investment in faithful customers. I am proud of her.

One of these days I will have to tell you what Vern said about it!

The ThunderBee is ours, based on a downscale of the original Bill Stine Thunder Series that he did while he was at Centuri. Our ThunderStorm will be our upscale. The ThunderHawk came in two styles. The kit by itself had streamer recovery. The kit they had in the starter set had a parachute.

Ltvscout
08-20-2007, 09:31 PM
The ThunderBee is ours, based on a downscale of the original Bill Stine Thunder Series that he did while he was at Centuri. Our ThunderStorm will be our upscale. The ThunderHawk came in two styles. The kit by itself had streamer recovery. The kit they had in the starter set had a parachute.
Carl,

I don't recall which of the three Thunder names it was that Bill designed, but wasn't one of them about Mean Machine size? Is your ThunderStorm going to be even bigger than that?

Carl@Semroc
08-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Carl,

I don't recall which of the three Thunder names it was that Bill designed, but wasn't one of them about Mean Machine size? Is your ThunderStorm going to be even bigger than that?I understand that the series of three were all designed by Bill. They were the:

ThunderHawk (.76" x 21.5")
ThunderBird (1.04" x 41.75")
ThunderRoc(1.64" x 61.5")

We added the:

ThunderBee (.543" x 14.7")

and future:

ThunderStorm (2.34" x about 100")

Ltvscout
08-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I understand that the series of three were all designed by Bill. They were the:

We added the:

and future:

Sorry, I stated that wrong. I knew Bill did all three of the originals, I just couldn't remember the name of the "big" one which I now see was the ThunderRoc.

2.34" x 100"? Cool! What kind of motor size or cluster are you planning on for that?

foose4string
08-20-2007, 09:40 PM
....and I still wouldn't feel comfortable asking, but this kind of attitude and service is what makes Semroc second to none when it comes to customer service, simply the best. ;) I thought maybe it was a Semroc original, well a downscale anyway, but I wasn't sure.

Solomoriah
08-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Kudos to Semroc! But warranty for recovery related damage? I personally wouldn't feel comfortable asking in this situation. Didn't the original ThunderHawk come with streamer recovery? I don't think Semroc is not in the business of trying to upgrade every kit, but rather trying to offer faithful reproductions of the originals, save the Kevlar leaders and balsa cones in some instances.
Well, now I feel guilty. If you'll read my original email, I hardly demanded anything; I just wanted to get replacement fins, and I'd have been cool with buying them. It was more a case of being totally stunned by the over-the-top customer service I received... note that I did not give my ship-to address, just my email address, so Sheryl had to look it up before sending out the parts. For a lot of companies, that alone would have been too much to ask.

Again, thanks, Sheryl and Carl and whoever, for the good service. I own just two Semroc models, but rest assured I'll be getting more.

sandman
08-20-2007, 09:50 PM
I understand that the series of three were all designed by Bill. They were the:

We added the:

and future:

With most of us BARs at least in our 50's shouldn't there also be a THUNDERTHIGH? :rolleyes:

foose4string
08-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Ah, don't feel guilty....it's obviously all good with Sheryl and Carl. I was just speaking from my own point of view, and I'm not ALWAYS right! :) They ultimately made a happy customer, and that's what matters in the end!

Ltvscout
08-20-2007, 09:58 PM
With most of us BARs at least in our 50's shouldn't there also be a THUNDERTHIGH? :rolleyes:
Hehe. That would look good next to the Super Big Bertha. ;)

Solomoriah
08-20-2007, 10:04 PM
I filleted those fins with super-strong marine epoxy. Gah. Now I have to figure out how to remove the stub. Probably cut as much away as I can with the knife, then sand it off with my Wizard.

LeeR
08-20-2007, 11:33 PM

Yes, it should basically be a Maxi Big Bertha, one that really let herself go -- you know, spatter paint used all over to simulate cellulitis ...

(Sorry ...)

And to prevent the flame-o-grams from our fellow female rocketers, there could be a Fat Boy version as well.

:p

ghrocketman
08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Sounds like you got the normally AWESOME service from Semroc.
Most of the large companies in the USA should employ the customer service tactics practiced by Semroc.
I'd venture to guess that there would be much greater overall customer satisfaction, which most industries could use.

Semroc is second to none in quality, variety, value, and customer service.
Most likely thay have a 99.9% satisfied customer base.

That ThunderStorm sounds HUGE....wonder if that will be HPR capable or just MPR ?

Eagle3
08-21-2007, 12:24 PM
and future:

Ellis G37. :D

Tell Bruce I'll drag race his Lil' Hustler..... if he still has it. *LOL*

LeeR
08-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Sounds like you got the normally AWESOME service from Semroc.
Most of the large companies in the USA should employ the customer service tactics practiced by Semroc.

Oh, do not get me started. I was on the phone with IBM to renew CAD licenses. They had the quantity incorrect. I had their invoice, and called the toll-free number. After 45 minutes, they informed me that I needed to call another group (?? -- it WAS their invoice!). After 20 minutes, they told me to call the first number. After another long time, they told me they could not help me on the phone! Please send an email asking for help.

The reply I got late Friday was to call a Brazilian man at IBM, his email was eduardo-somethingorother@br.ibm.com -- obviously Brazil. The number they gave me was an 877 number, which is the USA (??)

Monday I call that number, and ask for him. They look him up in the IBM directory,and say"It is a long number -- 55-..." I stop him. "That is an international number -- you are asking me to call someone in IBM Brazil to solve a USA invoice problem?" I refuse to call Brazil for a USA problem. Get one of your 200000 employess on the line NOW!

I accuse him of working for a company only moderately less painful to deal with than the US Government. He agrees. He disappears, and comes back with a name and number.

I call it, and get vmail. "Leave your name and number, I'll get back to you by the end of the day." Two end of the days have passed ...

I AM STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM IBM SO THEY CAN TAKE MY MONEY ...

I'm hyperventilating from the reminder of this all -- must go now ...

:(

Carl@Semroc
08-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey, I had not thought of that. I could be carlos@br.semroc.com. :D

Ltvscout
08-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Setup the MX and A record and I'll try it out. ;-)

UMRS
08-21-2007, 09:08 PM

ROFL Si' senor

sandman
08-21-2007, 10:20 PM
ROFL Si' senor

Is that correct?

In Brazil they speak Portugese. Is that the same in Spanish?

I had someone from Brazil try to buy $40,000.00 worth of TV studio equipment from me once.

He wanted full credit for 90 day....Sorry...no habla Portugese! :rolleyes:

Zeus-cat
08-21-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't think you can provide better customer service than that (unless they send a repairman to actually install the fin...)

According to the commercials, the Maytag repairman is usually available... (the commercial where he fixes the machines at the stuffed toy factory is my favorite - Red Alert in giraffes!) :)

snaquin
08-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks!

Sheryl really believes in our 100% satisfaction guarantee. She understands that it is an investment in faithful customers. I am proud of her.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ..... I really appreciate everything Semroc does for me, for the quality of the parts & kits and for maintaining such a high level of customer service.

Sheryl sent me an email (on a Sunday afternoon) to clarify something on an order I placed on a weekend. Head Elf working overtime. Both orders I placed are already here!

I also want to remind everyone to check the site for new parts. Carl, I know you've mentioned before to do this and I'm glad I did before I placed my last parts order. I had mentioned in the forum last year when I built my Lasor-134 with LT-125 tubing that I had turned down the series 13 baffle to fit the LT-125 tubing diameter and I've done this on a few scratch built rockets.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showpost.php?p=11143&postcount=165

I prefer the LT-125 heavy walled tubing and I was about to order ten more series 13 baffles and when I checked the site you had EB-125's in stock, so I bought ten of those instead. I hope others that use the LT-125 tubing or want to add a baffle to one of the LT-125 based SLS kits will consider these.

Thanks for listening and responding to our requests!

Solomoriah
08-29-2007, 08:14 PM
I received my "CARE package" Friday. I have already attached the new fin, and discovered (much to my surprise) that the supplied parachute does, in fact, fit into the BT-5 sustainer.

Sheryl, thanks again for the excellent service!