PDA

View Full Version : 9/5/07 launch

ddanhra69
09-06-2007, 08:06 AM
I launched my new Oracle, and it did great. It is aggrevating however, because maybe it's an AVI video or something, I can't download it to photobucket for y'all to view. I don't understand. The main reason I'm writing is I finally had my first misfire of an aerotech engine. E16W 29 mm. :( The ignitor burned quite well though. I reloaded a new ignitor lastnight and NOW I'm itching to launch it to see if it works.

Green Dragon
09-06-2007, 09:37 AM
The main reason I'm writing is I finally had my first misfire of an aerotech engine. E16W 29 mm. :( The ignitor burned quite well though. I reloaded a new ignitor lastnight and NOW I'm itching to launch it to see if it works.

couple comments.

1) doubt it will be the last misfire, lol - I would say we have MORE miosfires on composite motors than black powder, especially smaller sizes (E-G) using the original igniters.
composites need heat AND pressure to light properly, so not as 'simple' as igniting black powder motors.

2) is the E16 an older reload kit ?

White Lightning, especially older loads, has a tendancy to oxidize on the surface and then be hard to ignite ( needs a hotter igniter or else LIGHTLY sand / scrape the ends of the grain to expose fresh surface for ignition ) .
we had a K700W misfire THREE times at the NyPower launch, and that was using some 'overkill' igniters.

Keep em flying and have fun :)

~ AL

MonsterRocket
09-06-2007, 11:31 AM
How'd the oracle do? I just got one recently but I can't get the software to work :(