PDA

View Full Version : BoRocks Rocketry Systems announces...

Bohica
09-06-2007, 11:36 AM
A brand new limited edition kit. The REAVER....

Specs:

Diameter: 4" at widest point
OAL: TBA
Propulsion (choice): 1x24, 3x18, 3x24.
Weight: (empty) TBA

7 nose cones, 3 or 4 body tubes, 4" ring fin...

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4296/reavercov1ij4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1807/reavercov2xo4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Only 25 units will be produced. Cost is $27 per unit...This includes shipping.

Prototypes of each motor combo have been built and flown and performance is impressive. Most of the parts for the kits are in and bagged and ready but I am still waiting for a few more items. Ordering 175 nose cones....I can understand that taking a little time.

Pre-orders are being accepted for all 25 signed and numbered kits. You can pay with Paypal at borockster@gmail.com Kits should ship within 30 days. Please specify what motor mount you would like. Thanks!

Bo

Ltvscout
09-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Now that's a unique design!

tolppisouth
09-06-2007, 12:37 PM
We will be waiting for Kit #4.

We're going for the 3x24 mm version.

John

Bohica
09-06-2007, 12:47 PM
We will be waiting for Kit #4.

We're going for the 3x24 mm version.

John

It's got your name written all over it!:D

pantherjon
09-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Anxiously awaiting my #5 :D Geez, I can't decide...3x18mm or 3x24mm or 1x24mm..ponders....flips a coin..that won't work, there aren't any 3 side coins...ponders some more...yells at dogs to quiet down...what the heck, make it 3x24mm , I can always use the expended 24mm cases to adapt it to 18mm for the smaller local fields..whew! Didn't know that was going to be such a hard decision!:p

Bohica
09-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Anxiously awaiting my #5 :D Geez, I can't decide...3x18mm or 3x24mm or 1x24mm..ponders....flips a coin..that won't work, there aren't any 3 side coins...ponders some more...yells at dogs to quiet down...what the heck, make it 3x24mm , I can always use the expended 24mm cases to adapt it to 18mm for the smaller local fields..whew! Didn't know that was going to be such a hard decision!:p

You got it bud. I flew the 1x24 model yesterday on a E15. Great flight. :D

Skippy
09-07-2007, 01:46 AM
At least one is coming down under!

I just ordered a 1x24. Should be a fine partner for my 24/40 RMS :)

Gus
09-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Gerald,

I'm really curious where the center of pressure is on the new design. Seems like it would be almost halfway up the rocket. Did you have to add a lot of noseweight to get it stable?

Bohica
09-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Gerald,

I'm really curious where the center of pressure is on the new design. Seems like it would be almost halfway up the rocket. Did you have to add a lot of noseweight to get it stable?

1 ounce of noseweight is included with the kit. The nose cone is pre-drilled to accept the weight and a hardwood dowel is also provided to plug the hole so weight shift should not be an issue.

Gerald

Rocketflyer
09-07-2007, 12:05 PM

Specs:

Diameter: 2.6"
OAL: 27"
Weight: (empty) 5.5oz

7 nose cones, 3 body tubes, 4" ring fin...

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4296/reavercov1ij4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1807/reavercov2xo4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Prototypes of each motor combo have been built and flown and performance is impressive. Most of the parts for the kits are in and bagged and ready but I am still waiting for a few more items. Ordering 175 nose cones....I can understand that taking a little time.

Pre-orders are being accepted for all 25 signed and numbered kits. You can pay with Paypal at borockster@gmail.com Kits should ship within 30 days. Please specify what motor mount you would like. Thanks!

Bo

PM sent. I want one! :D

Jack

Ltvscout
09-07-2007, 03:03 PM

Specs:

Diameter: 2.6"
OAL: 27"
Weight: (empty) 5.5oz

7 nose cones, 3 body tubes, 4" ring fin...

Bo
Gerald,

Is payment required at time of order or can a kit be reserved and then payment made when they're ready to ship?

Bohica
09-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Gerald,

Is payment required at time of order or can a kit be reserved and then payment made when they're ready to ship?

Normally I would allow "reservations". But this is a limited Edition of only 25 kits and I am signing and numbering them all. So I would appreciate payment at the time the order is placed.

Gerald

Bohica
09-07-2007, 03:08 PM
PM sent. I want one! :D

Jack

Didn't get it Jack. Just email me if you want. borockster@gmail.com

Thanks

Rocketflyer
09-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Didn't get it Jack. Just email me if you want. borockster@gmail.com

Thanks

Great... email didn't go through from here, and your address gives me "fatal error" :(

pantherjon
09-07-2007, 11:59 PM
For some reason STILL, some ISP's choke on gmail e-mail addresses..

pantherjon
09-21-2007, 12:30 AM
*bump*
Gerald, any update on when the Reaver will ship out?

It will be my test bed for some 'special' paint on the main body I am going to be ordering later today from HobbyLinc :) Hopefully I will be able to get a good picture of it once finished that will show the 'special properties' this paint has ;)

Bohica
09-21-2007, 07:42 AM
*bump*
Gerald, any update on when the Reaver will ship out?

It will be my test bed for some 'special' paint on the main body I am going to be ordering later today from HobbyLinc :) Hopefully I will be able to get a good picture of it once finished that will show the 'special properties' this paint has ;)

The design has gone through a few changes (final specs TBA in a day or so) that necessitated some changes to the instructions and a couple more test flights. My beta builders also have a couple small things to finish up. I really think we are within a couple weeks (only time to fly is the weekend) of shipping.

Thanks for your patience. :D

Bohica
10-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Shipping will commence at 0900 tomorrow. Major thanks to those of you who have been patiently awaiting your kits. All of the kits have sold.

I know their are those among you who are probably saying to yourself "that doggone Bo! Where the heck is my rocket!?" :D I would ask that you remember that the Reaver went from a paper concept to ready to ship all in about 30 days. I will never do that again!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!

What a nightmare....but it was fun and I am very proud of the finished product. BoRocks Rocketry Systems will have been in business 12 months on November 22nd. Seems like yesterday!

In the past 11 months we have released or designed and sold the following kits...

Flechette 50, 60, 60P, 70, and 80P.

X-Factor

Magnum

HellBender III

Critter

Blazer

Mega Mag

Hammer

and now finally...The Reaver

The HellBender III is now owned by Sunward and is available under the name "Skybender" (gag!:D) The Flechette family of Rockets are also owned by Sunward with only the Flechette 50 being currently available. IMO the 60P would have been a much better choice.

The Critter, Magnum, Mega Mag, Blazer, and Hammer are all owned by a brand new rocket company named Cygnus Rocketry. I am very excited by this newcomer. They are doing things "right". I am very proud that they have picked up my designs. So far I have seen the Critter and Blazer available for purchase.

I am working on a full run kit for our one year anniversary...it is an exciting kit and I am anxious to get it released.

Once again...thanks for your patience....your kits are coming.

Gerald