PDA

View Full Version : Centuri MagnumD Russian Sam-3 #5355

rmmcdaniell
06-13-2005, 04:34 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~rmmcdaniell/data/Sam3@.GIF

Plans are gone now, please wait until Scott updates his plans page.

rmmcdaniell
06-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Hello All, My first post on this furom. Snagged this one in a auction two weeks ago. Enjoy.

ScaleNut
06-13-2005, 07:01 PM
thank you, thank you !!!

Ltvscout
06-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Hello All, My first post on this furom. Snagged this one in a auction two weeks ago. Enjoy.
Is that you, Ryan?

rmmcdaniell
06-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Is that you, Ryan?
<P>
Yes it is, I'm sorry for disappearing on you a while back.
<P>
Anyway, I graduated college back in May 03 and got my first real job in the fall, which necessitated a move. In the process of moving a bunch of my rocket stuff got destroyed and I sort of left the hobby temporarily in frustration. Things are sort of winding down now where I work, as I will be leaving for Grad School in August.
I’m moving to Texas this time, and the thought of more open space and better weather than my present locale has rekindled my interest as of the last two months.

Ltvscout
06-13-2005, 10:30 PM
<P>
<P>
Anyway, I graduated college back in May 03 and got my first real job in the fall, which necessitated a move. In the process of moving a bunch of my rocket stuff got destroyed and I sort of left the hobby temporarily in frustration. Things are sort of winding down now where I work, as I will be leaving for Grad School in August.
I’m moving to Texas this time, and the thought of more open space and better weather than my present locale has rekindled my interest as of the last two months.
Cool, glad to see you back. As you can see, the plans site has really grown. ;) Good luck in Grad School!

rmmcdaniell
07-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Heads Up! I just want to let everyone know that I will be removing this plan at the end of next week, as I have 3 other plans I want to put up and I have limited space. PLease download now or you'll have to wait until Scott updates the plans site.

Ltvscout
07-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Heads Up! I just want to let everyone know that I will be removing this plan at the end of next week, as I have 3 other plans I want to put up and I have limited space. PLease download now or you'll have to wait until Scott updates the plans site.
Ryan,

I've got a copy of these plans from you now and will get them prepared for the site. If you have more scans down, feel free to send them over! You can send them directly to plans@oldrocketplans.com if you like, or put a link to them here on YORF like you did with the SAM-3 plans.

dwmzmm
07-30-2005, 08:10 PM
<P>
<P>

What part of Texas are you headed? Chances are, you'll be in good hands here. At last count, we (Texas) have seven or eight NAR Sections, some extremely active, and just as
many HPR (TRA) clubs. NAR competition has picked up big time over the past year. Hope
you'll be in the Houston area so you can join us!

ScaleNut
08-03-2005, 06:06 PM
I started gathering parts for the Sam 3, thanks for sharing it

I notice that the included "measurements" file lists estes tube sizes, is this true to the original model? I was already planning on making an order with semroc for some tubes .

rmmcdaniell
08-06-2005, 05:48 PM
What part of Texas are you headed? Chances are, you'll be in good hands here. At last count, we (Texas) have seven or eight NAR Sections, some extremely active, and just as
many HPR (TRA) clubs. NAR competition has picked up big time over the past year. Hope
you'll be in the Houston area so you can join us!

I will be in Austin, perhaps too far to Houston??? Maybe someday I'll stop by.

dwmzmm
08-06-2005, 06:44 PM
I will be in Austin, perhaps too far to Houston??? Maybe someday I'll stop by.

The Austin Area Rocketry Group (AARG) is based in Austin, so you'll be in great hands there!!
They've hosted the NSL - 2004 last year and co-hosted the Tex-Regional (with DARS) this
past June, and have among their members several well known HPR flyers and recent
champions from the last World Spacemodeling Championships. Some of their members come and fly with us at club launches here in the Houston area from time to time. So, yes,
you'll be close enough that we might get to meet sometimes soon!! Welcome to Texas!

ScaleNut
08-06-2005, 10:06 PM
sorry to get off topic for just a moment , I located the centuri catalog online and notice that the large tube is indeed an Estes bt-60. So It was confusion on my part, being a centuri model I assumed it used Centuri parts. I can start the build now

Again thanks for offering the files.

DWolman
08-07-2005, 01:18 AM
I missed downloading the plans...would someone mind emailing a set of the plans for the Centuri Magnum SAM-3 kit to me at dwolman@campusfundraiser.com?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Dan

Ltvscout
08-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I missed downloading the plans...would someone mind emailing a set of the plans for the Centuri Magnum SAM-3 kit to me at dwolman@campusfundraiser.com?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Dan
They should now be in your hands, Dan. ;)