PDA

View Full Version : Tower Launcher

mrhemi1971
09-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Who's making tower launchers these days? I'm stepping up from my old launch rods to trying out a tower launcher, and was wondering who is making them now. It's either buy one or design my own, but I'd hate to spend all the time fabricating and designing one of someone already makes what I need.
Thanks!

barone
09-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Who's making tower launchers these days? I'm stepping up from my old launch rods to trying out a tower launcher, and was wondering who is making them now. It's either buy one or design my own, but I'd hate to spend all the time fabricating and designing one of someone already makes what I need.
Thanks!
Well...it looks like you'll be making one. Apogee used to sell the medalist tower when Ed ran the company. The tower was manufactured by Bill with BMS and I don't think he's planning on making any more. You can always drop him a line and ask to be put on a waiting list for them. If enough people are interested, he might make another batch. As for designing one, I think someone posted some plans here somewhere...try doing a serch for tower launcher.

Gus
09-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Actually Bill announced at NARAM that he IS going to make another batch of tower launchers, but he did not announce an exact time frame. He requested that anyone interested drop him an email to get on the list.

You can email Bill at: sales@BalsaMachining.com

Note: I emailed Bill yesterday to ask if he had a proposed date or price and he replied that he will let folks who have emailed him know as soon as he has a better idea of the timeframe and price.

mrhemi1971
09-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the tip Gus! I contacted Bill, and got myself on the list!
Cant wait till they start making them again!