PDA

View Full Version : gyroc decals?

roktdad
09-29-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm putting together my second gyroc clone.

from all the various sites I was able to grab the old estes decals and mosh up a set that looks similar to what appears on the pictures of the gyroc.

But in all the collections I never saw a sheet posted that was actually for the gyroc.

I built my first one back in the late 70's and I don't remember it coming with a decal sheet then either.

Was there ever an estes gyroc kit that included a decal sheet, and if so, does anyone have a scan of it?

thanks

Green Dragon
09-30-2007, 12:27 PM
The Gyroc never included a decal sheet that I know of.

In discussing this a while back ( ? with Phred of Exelsior ) , the catalog models include some decals off the Beta sheet, and some of , iirc, the D13 sheet. maybe other sheets ? ( such as the black and white markings sheet, which is posted on Kurt's page ) .

might be a good 'put together in one place' sheet for Phred to think about - most of the artwork is already redrawn, just need to piece it all together on the same sheet.

I was going to use the 'decal ' ( roll pattern and 'experimental' decor), but now am thinking the two tone blue and yellow scheme.

~ AL

scigs30
09-30-2007, 08:28 PM
I used decals from Excelsior Decals: They are great

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/scigs30/gyrocpainted027.jpg

Phred
10-01-2007, 10:13 AM
How true: The Guroc was one of many ESTES models that looked great in the catalog, and were a bit of a disappointment when they were opened and contained no decals.

Our GYROC decal sheet contains the various bits that ESTES catalog builders took from the Beta decal and others. THis allow you to build a model as commonly seen in the mid-1970's catalogs.

Phred

Green Dragon
10-01-2007, 06:10 PM
How true: The Guroc was one of many ESTES models that looked great in the catalog, and were a bit of a disappointment when they were opened and contained no decals.

Our GYROC decal sheet contains the various bits that ESTES catalog builders took from the Beta decal and others. THis allow you to build a model as commonly seen in the mid-1970's catalogs.

Phred

Phred,

Just triple checked your site and found no listing of Gyroc decals ( I'd looked when I posted my reply above, justincase you already had em . )

I know what you mean about missing decals - I was real bummed when I built my vintage ( back when it wasn;t vintage, lol ) Farside and it did not have the decals :(

Same with Apogee II, sure there's others ...

keep up the good work - will have some pics of 'builds with your decals' shortly for you :)

~ AL

ps: phred, I did have issues opening your 'customer photos' on flikr, the link still points to yahoo photos . ( thought you sent a direct link, but did not find the thread here on yorf ) .

Phred
10-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Thanks Al,

I am not sure where that went. I must have erased in sometime in error.

I have now re-added the Gyroc decal to the website: just select Classic waterslide decals/ESTES and scroll down to Gyroc.

I will look into correcting the photo link today....

Phred