PDA

View Full Version : Own Fin Design

garmtn
10-02-2007, 02:45 AM
jUST TRYING TO GET A FEEL FOR THIS. mY 3-ENGINE CLUSTER I DESIGNED 20+ YEARS AGO HAS A UNIQUE "OFFSET" FIN DESIGN. mR ROCKET, @ APOGEE COMPONENTS, VERY INTERESTED IN IT. bASICALLY, HE DOESN'T BY DESIGNS UNLESS PATENTED. JUST WONDERING, "DO i GIVE IT AWAY"? THOUGHT IF IT'S USED IN A "FACTORY DESIGN" REWARD ENOUGH. aNY THOUGHTS? WHAT I CAN TELL U IS WHEN THIS BIRD TAKES OFF VERY INPRESSIVE SLOW LIFT OFF & DOES A 180 DEGREE ROLL LIKE SPACE SHUTTLE. :o

barone
10-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Kit it. I'm interesting in seeing a video. Sounds unique.

garmtn
10-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Hi Don: Heard back from Apogee and the design "too complex for rocket-sim" software. His designors would have to work hours to encompass it in a rocketsim software.
Have no idea how to "kit it"? I can tell u it works well. Let me know how to go about it, OK? (use private message if u like) Thanks Glad to hear of your interest

garmtn
10-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Don: Not sure what u r asking? Video of liftoff, fin assembly or both? Let me know, OK??

JRThro
10-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Do you have any photos you'd be willing to post?

garmtn
10-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Haven't taken any yet. Have a digital camera and card reader. As soon as am able I'll post. Glenn ;)

barone
10-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Don: Not sure what u r asking? Video of liftoff, fin assembly or both? Let me know, OK??
Would like to see what the effect of the fin is. That slow roll.... :eek:

By kitting, I meant put together a kit and try to sell it if you can't find a taker for the fin. Otherwise, hell, I'm sure there are a number of us that would like to try and build a rocket utilitzing them. Check out the BarClone pages for designs from our forum members that have been made available to all of us. There's a great pride in knowing someone has built and flown one of your own designs. Heck, the Tau Zero is a forum original that is SLOWLY making it's way into production by Semroc (Jay just needs to get the instructions completed). ;)

Tau Zero
10-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Heck, the Tau Zero is a forum original that is SLOWLY making it's way into production by Semroc (Jay just needs to get the instructions completed). ;)Which I suck at, apparently. :mad: :o

I took a whole week off of work last month, but my wife decided I needed to help her harvest the contents of her flower garden. :rolleyes:

It took two days, but my forearms itched for twice that long. :eek:

Thanks for the "props," Don. :cool:

Cheers,