PDA

View Full Version : Centuri Sky Devil nose cone.

usterwop
10-05-2007, 01:48 AM
In my ongoing effort to waste my entire life on rockets I pulled yet another rocket kit out of storage. It is the Centuri Sky Devil which boasts my choice of 12 different fin styles.
This is a problem. I don't want 1 of 12, I want 12 of 12. My problem is that I only have one nose cone. Body tubes and fin material are not a problem but I really would like plastic nose cones and "Moldin Oldies" still seems to be in a state of moving.
Does anyone out there know of a source for plastic nose cones until "Moldin Oldies" is back online?

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Plastic? Nope. Although there was some guy selling NOS Centuri stuff a while back. Anyone got a line on that guy anymore?

maricopasem
10-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Or just use a similar cone. This upscaled version's NC isn't even similar, butI like it. I built it out of BT-55 and it has a 24mm MMT. It's a fun one.

johnnwwa
10-05-2007, 11:02 AM
In my ongoing effort to waste my entire life on rockets I pulled yet another rocket kit out of storage. It is the Centuri Sky Devil which boasts my choice of 12 different fin styles.
This is a problem. I don't want 1 of 12, I want 12 of 12. My problem is that I only have one nose cone. Body tubes and fin material are not a problem but I really would like plastic nose cones and "Moldin Oldies" still seems to be in a state of moving.
Does anyone out there know of a source for plastic nose cones until "Moldin Oldies" is back online?

Yes you to can have all 12 of the Sky Devils Go to Semroc check TheClassics, Right hand side of home page , Thats what I did , plans and parts are available BNC Bt cut to correct length etc.. I have 3 of 12 done no paint yet.

BAR
John

pantherjon
10-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Interesting looking rocket :) I jumped over to YORP and the scan there shows only 8 different fins patterns..And Semroc lists as having the nosecone(BC-730), balsa instead of plastic..

johnnwwa
10-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Interesting looking rocket :) I jumped over to YORP and the scan there shows only 8 different fins patterns..And Semroc lists as having the nosecone(BC-730), balsa instead of plastic..

Oh shoot your right :confused: Sorry there are only 8 different Sky Devil fin patterns so I have 3 of 8 done . now where did I put my coffee :) used basswood for fins.

BAR
John

usterwop
10-05-2007, 11:22 AM
You are correct. I don't know where that "12" came from. I guess that's what happens when you get old. At least I don't need as many nose cones as I thought :)

johnnwwa
10-05-2007, 11:50 AM
You are correct. I don't know where that "12" came from. I guess that's what happens when you get old. At least I don't need as many nose cones as I thought :)

usertwop

One other thing I'll be doing is using a smaller chute maybe a 9" mylar the 12" chute is a bit tight in the body tube.

BAR
John

Tau Zero
10-05-2007, 11:01 PM
And Semroc lists as having the nosecone(BC-730), balsa instead of plastic..Here's the BC-730:

http://www.semroc.com/Store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=35

But frankly, the BC-730P looks more like Centuri's PNC-76 to me:

http://www.semroc.com/Store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=919

That's what *I* think, :eek: :rolleyes: but your mileage may vary. ;) :D

Cheers,