PDA

View Full Version : Glue Syringe

barone
10-14-2007, 04:35 PM
I've used one for years. I would buy a jar of Aileen's Tacky Glue on a placard that came with a glue syringe. It's great for using glue without getting it all over the place. Well, for the past six months, I've felt kinda lost because I couldn't find my glue syringe and it seems Aileen's Tacky Glue doesn't come with them any more.

Today, I googled looking for some and low and behold......seek and ye shall be rewarded :D

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/hca/hcahcar3785.htm

Needless to say, I picked up some spares too.

And it's the same site where you can pick up a circle cutter ;)

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/hca/hcahcar0230.htm

James Pierson
10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
This is a great find as I have been lookin for something like this for years barone! I have been using a Jet Dry botttle with a Testors tip superglued to it but the tip itself dries up or get easily clogged. Thanks for the link, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

barone
10-22-2007, 05:52 PM
This is a great find as I have been lookin for something like this for years barone! I have been using a Jet Dry botttle with a Testors tip superglued to it but the tip itself dries up or get easily clogged. Thanks for the link, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907
James,

Keep in mind that if you don't use all the glue from the syringe, you need to seal the needle end or the glue will harden and it'll be a real PITA to get it out. I use a rubber tip that was on a set of twizzers to cap the end. Works great. Other wise, the tip gets shorter as I cut it down to get to glue that hasn't set.... :D

MSUrocketgurl
11-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks for posting that link. I think that will be a lifesaver for me and my team!

barone
11-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for posting that link. I think that will be a lifesaver for me and my team!
Anything I can do to help.... :confused: What am I helping?

Where at in Mississippi are y'all?

MSUrocketgurl
11-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Anything I can do to help.... :confused: What am I helping?

Where at in Mississippi are y'all?

We've been looking for some different ways to apply glue and I think the syringe will meet our needs.

We're at Mississippi State Univeristy in Starkville, MS. About 2 hours Northeast of Jackson (the capital).