PDA

View Full Version : New Posts Function

kurtschachner
11-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Ah, it has been a while since we've had any "fresh meat" in this section (what cartoon is that from?) So I'll post a question.

About half the time when I log into YORF and click on the "New Posts" button, I get the "there aren't any new posts" response. Yet, in the Welcome box it lists new threads and messages, and each message category shows new ones too. How come this happens?

Gus
11-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Ah, it has been a while since we've had any "fresh meat" in this section (what cartoon is that from?) So I'll post a question.

About half the time when I log into YORF and click on the "New Posts" button, I get the "there aren't any new posts" response. Yet, in the Welcome box it lists new threads and messages, and each message category shows new ones too. How come this happens?
Kurt,

Since no one else is willing to help out, I'll wade in.

I think sometimes the kerflooey valve on the site gets stuck. This inhibits the flotsam flow due to anyhdrous thickening. Occasionally, though, the manorus capacitor is under-fluxed which de-funkitizes the roonerator.

But I could be wrong.

Carl@Semroc
11-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Kurt,

Since no one else is willing to help out, I'll wade in.

I think sometimes the kerflooey valve on the site gets stuck. This inhibits the flotsam flow due to anyhdrous thickening. Occasionally, though, the manorus capacitor is under-fluxed which de-funkitizes the roonerator.

But I could be wrong.Gus,
I think he already knew that. It looks like he wanted to know what organic bovine waste the kerflooey valve was getting stuck in.

But... I could be wrong, too.

Ltvscout
11-14-2007, 10:09 PM

Ida know. User error? :D

Honestly, I've never seen that happen so don't know what to say. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Then again, I like Gus's answer. ;)

Vanel
11-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Happens to me sometimes, so it isn't just Kurt....

sandman
11-14-2007, 10:49 PM
OK, now let's get serious.

Gees, when you have a problem with your computer go to the place with all of the answers.

Just walk in to the nearest Best Buy store and ask one of the knowledgable sales people in the computer department.

They know! ;)

SEL
11-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Ida know. User error? :D

Honestly, I've never seen that happen so don't know what to say. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Then again, I like Gus's answer. ;)

Yeah, I get it too, but I'm more than willing to chock it up to user error :o

S.

Ltvscout
11-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I get it too, but I'm more than willing to chock it up to user error :o

S.
Ok. If anyone has this happen to them again please email me at scotth at execpc dot com and let me know the day/time it happened. I will then login with a test account to see if it happens to me. I'm wondering if it may have something to do with Buzz and I chatting on the moderator board that no one else has access to.

Gus
11-14-2007, 11:30 PM
... it may have something to do with Buzz and I chatting ...
If anything is going to de-funketize a roonerator, chatting with Buzz would be it.

Carl and I talk to Buzz regularly, and we've experienced it a number of times. ;)

Ltvscout
11-14-2007, 11:36 PM
If anything is going to de-funketize a roonerator, chatting with Buzz would be it.

Carl and I talk to Buzz regularly, and we've experienced it a number of times. ;)
I knew there was a simple explanation!

Rocketflyer
11-15-2007, 06:55 AM

Hummm, happens to me on occassion. Thought it might be how the links are set up. There are new posts, only I'm told" thar ain't eeny." Good question. Check out the flabbendoit connected to the gradgitator. Adjust as neceessary.

kurtschachner
11-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Y'all must stop or I'll get ANOTHER thread cancelled for being off-topic :rolleyes:

http://www.pathcom.com/~boby/babble.htm

Still no one has said what cartoon "fresh meat" came from. Five extra points for the character's name who said it. One of my all time favorites.

Rocketflyer
11-15-2007, 07:55 AM
:confused: [QUOTE=kurtschachner]Y'all must stop or I'll get ANOTHER thread cancelled for being off-topic :rolleyes:

Sorry! Don't want your "ticket" to get cancelled. :eek:

Actually, the first part of my post was serious. I DO get that no new posts message at times, when there are some posted. I have no idea why. :(

Ltvscout
11-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Y'all must stop or I'll get ANOTHER thread cancelled for being off-topic :rolleyes:
We've never killed any off-topic threads that I recall (other than spam messages). We may have moved a few at times to the FreeForAll forum.

Sorry, I don't know who used the "Fresh Meat" term. It wasn't something like Ren & Stimpy, was it?

kurtschachner
11-15-2007, 08:10 AM
We've never killed any off-topic threads that I recall (other than spam messages). We may have moved a few at times to the FreeForAll forum.

Sorry, I don't know who used the "Fresh Meat" term. It wasn't something like Ren & Stimpy, was it?

I know, I'm just yanking your chain.

The quote is from a Buggs Bunny cartoon where he is boxing Da Crusher. The Crusher's first opponent is Ravishing Ronald (which he quickly dispatches), then as Ronald's agent, Buggs comes out to box Crusher. When he appears The Crusher says "fresh meat!".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043365/quotes

Too obscure for you this early?

Ltvscout
11-15-2007, 09:06 AM
The quote is from a Buggs Bunny cartoon where he is boxing Da Crusher. The Crusher's first opponent is Ravishing Ronald (which he quickly dispatches), then as Ronald's agent, Buggs comes out to box Crusher. When he appears The Crusher says "fresh meat!".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043365/quotes

Too obscure for you this early?
I guess so. I used to watch BB all the time but don't remember this one.

Gus
11-15-2007, 09:26 AM
The quote is from a Buggs Bunny cartoon where he is boxing Da Crusher.
Was this the episode?

kurtschachner
11-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Was this the episode?

That would be it, but I don't remember that line in the cartoon ;)

tbzep
11-15-2007, 09:52 PM
IIRC, Bugs won the match when he ripped a cloth and made the wrestler think he ripped his shorts. The wrestler covered up in embarrassment and got cold cocked. :)

Or was that the boxing match? They did two or three similar episodes with boxers and wrestlers, Bugs fighting, Elmer fighting, etc.

I believe the wrestler was the broken leg routine. Bugs breaks a stick and makes him think he broke his leg. Ok, my memory just isn't working and I'm tired of editing this post every time I think of something different. :rolleyes:

DeanHFox
11-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Was this the episode?Uh, Gus...wouldn't that be "wascally wabbit"? :p :p :p :D

kurtschachner
11-16-2007, 08:30 AM
IIRC, Bugs won the match when he ripped a cloth and made the wrestler think he ripped his shorts. The wrestler covered up in embarrassment and got cold cocked. :)

Or was that the boxing match? They did two or three similar episodes with boxers and wrestlers, Bugs fighting, Elmer fighting, etc.

I believe the wrestler was the broken leg routine. Bugs breaks a stick and makes him think he broke his leg. Ok, my memory just isn't working and I'm tired of editing this post every time I think of something different. :rolleyes:

The ending was when (for whatever reason) The Crusher is slammed into a (safe?) door and is knocked senseless. Buggs then does a little routine about "nice to see you Crusher" etc, and then tells him to lay down and take a nap. He then pins (literally) his shoulders to the mat and is declared the winner.

I generally don't find the cartoons with Buggs all that funny but this one is pretty good. My favorites are Yosemite Sam and (#1) Foghorn Leghorn.

kurtschachner
11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
OK, back to the subject. I just had the problem happen again, it was at 8:07 AM according to the time stamp. Hope that helps.

Scott, I have screen shots if you want them.

Ltvscout
11-16-2007, 08:36 AM
OK, back to the subject. I just had the problem happen again, it was at 8:07 AM according to the time stamp. Hope that helps.

Scott, I have screen shots if you want them.
Ya, email them to me.